Best way to spend £100

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welly

Reaction score
Not a problem I come across too often but the missus has given me £100 for my birthday and said it needs to be spent on the bus!, she wanted to get me vouchers but knows I buy from different companies depending on stock.

My question is... how best do I spend it???

What's your best purchase for under £100??

Would like to tidy the engine bay up a little and maybe add some shiny bits but not sure where to start.

My best purchase for under £100 to date must be my empi shifter as it now makes gear changing so much more smoother.

What's your thoughts??

If you want shiny bits, I think period spots would look great on your bus - a pair or a single one (possibly with the yellowed lenses).

Or if you want added safety as well as added shiny - how about a chrome third brake light of some sort - I have just picked up an Aircooled Accessories 'Stop Light' (a used bargain off of fleabay).
Have not fitted it yet (undecided about bumper mounting - or inside rear window either hung from the top or mounted on my jail bars somehow), hopefully get a chance this weekend.

This is the one I have,

but looking at their website they seem to currently be doing a limited edition which says 'HALT' instead.

Electronic ignition and/or Buttys Throttle Kit Id say :)

I'd spend it on gas, gasoline, fuel, petrol, whatever you might call it, and enjoy going somewhere new or taking the missus somewhere she always wanted to go. It would be win win ... win for you, your bus and the missus :D

I would agree too with Butty's throttle kit and electronic ignition.

But if you have those already, or want to spend it on asthetics, a bamboo shelf under the dash is great. Cool retro look and really useful. The wife will love it, plenty of space to keep her things :D

Or a buddy box. Again brilliant if you have a walk through bus.

Put it towards an auto fire extinguisher if you don't already have one!!!!!
No amount of shiny stuff will help in an emergency!!!
God I'm getting old & sensible :roll:

Some good suggestions here, I've got the Buttys bits throttle kit and it's good, bamboo parcel shelf is on its way, but I'd take that £100 and get the bus set up on a rolling road, having it all running tip-top is so very important not only for enjoyment but also longevity. I've never met anyone who hasn't seen an improvement after a rolling road session.

Cheers guys,

Elec ignition....tick,
fire extinguisher... tick,
Fuel...always needed :)
Third brake light...loving it.
Buddy box...never really thought of one but like the idea, needs to be looked into.
Parcel shelf...already on the list and shall be coming when door cards and carpets are ordered.
Buttys throttle kit....Seems to be a favourite amongst you and from what I read sound like a great addition, only problem is they are out of stock :( :(

Latest posts