Big Bang / Santa Pod 2013 . Worth it ??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickey Sam

Reaction score
Hi, unless I've missed it , there doesn't seem to much being said about Big Bang at the end of this month.
I've been to VW Action at Santa Pod but not Big Bang - anyone else going this year ?

I just wondered what other people thought of it ,or if it's much the same as Action ?

Cheers

From what I remember it was rather wet!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Last years pics:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41113" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cancelled on the sunday due to extreme weather!! A few off here braved it.....and they were brave!!! 8)

Apparently if you still have last years tickets and they didnt float away with the rest of yer kit!! 'They will sort you out!!!'
(Cant confirm but thats what I heard!)

Its a great show if the weather is good, but the ground is clay and holds the water rather well!! (Most had there own pool next to there camping spot!) 8) :lol:

Im going up on the sunday I think......If the weather is good for Drag racing aye Baz!! 8)

Its my favourite show at the Pod. Its not a complete chav fest like Bug Jam, and it has more going on than VW Action IMO.

More chance of snow than rain this year..!!! :lol:

I was ther last year and god was it wet and WINDY..!!!! :shock:

I'm still going this year and it's all about what you make of it..!? Won't be in the bus again this year but will be in a VW though, a golf estate..!! Will have to kit it out like the Top Gear africa special..!!?? :lol: :D

It is the best show at the pod for sure, last year was mental but its normally good weather. I'm going down and quiet a few mates.

Cheers guys, sounds like a good weekend apart from the weather then !

I'll make sure I take all the wet weather gear and plenty of bedding ( behave y'selves - I mean quilts and stuff :lol: )

If you're there, I'll meet you at the shallow end for a beer !

After last years fuck up we are not sure if we are going this year. The fact they let us in on the Saturday afternoon, even though they knew they were going to cancel the show, also traders were packing up and leaving says it all. After speaking to a few traders they said they had been told the show would be cancelled anyway. You do get money off this year if you had last years tickets but i think thats only if you pre-book. (But then what happens if the weather is crap again?) We are going to see what the weather is doing and then decide, if anything we will only go for the day.

Shame as previous years have been great.

Pre booked for the Sunday only. Hoping to have my bus back from Slamwerks by then.....

Hopefully see you there!

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Last year was a wash out. They serve drinks til 2, we carried on partying until 5ish then they're trying to kick us out at 7am. Wankers. But still one of my favourite shows at the pod. A lot more dubs than bug jam or action. The year before last, I actually got sun burned, so fingers crossed for the weather. It's what you make of it and the company you keep that make the weekend!

Sent from my iPhone
Damage v-dub club

Last year was a wash out. They serve drinks til 2, we carried on partying until 5ish then they're trying to kick us out at 7am. Wankers. But still one of my favourite shows at the pod. A lot more dubs than bug jam or action. The year before last, I actually got sun burned, so fingers crossed for the weather. It's what you make of it and the company you keep that make the weekend!

Sent from my iPhone
Damage v-dub club

Def one of best weekends at pod,as above have said last years weather was the worst ive ever had at a show anywhere, gotta be better this year :roll: :roll:

Good weekend but not last year.Still after having a grumpy old man moan at them have tickets for about 3 quid bonus!Bring on the sun and some drag racing to watch.(guess i'll pack wellies and snow shovels this year :) then )

Generally a good show you can never depend on the great british weather but its part of the fun anyone remember the storm of bugjam 06 !!!

Saw plenty of campervans heading towards santa pod on my travels home from work this evening. Made me just wanna head home, grab my camper keys and head off for the weekend!
Must resist, lol....See you all Sunday :cool:

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Latest posts