Big motors, who's packing what?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K@rlos!! FK 10 and those heads :O
Should have some nice pickup.
My single cab has
ā€¢ Case: Type I, Auto Linea, 2165cc : 78 x 94
ā€¢ Heads : CB cnc round port, 40 x 35.5mm s/s valves, performance multi angle valve job, chambers reworked, un-shrouded valves & polished. Stock 1.1:1 rockers, Shimmed HD shafts, Porsche style swivel foot adjusters
ā€¢ Crankshaft: Scat forged chromoly c/w 78mm, endfloat set to: .027ā€
ā€¢ Connecting Rods: Scat I beam ARP 3/8 bolts
ā€¢ Camshaft : Engle W110, endfloat set to: .002ā€
ā€¢ Camshaft manufacturers recommended valve lash : Intake .002ā€, Exhaust .002ā€
ā€¢ Straight cut timing gears with .003ā€ gear lash
ā€¢ Cylinder spacer fitted: 1.5mm
ā€¢ Head gasket fitted: .060ā€
ā€¢ Combustion chamber volume: 60cc
ā€¢ Deck height: .060ā€
ā€¢ Static compression ratio : 8.6:1
ā€¢ Carbs: Dellorto 45 DRLA
ā€¢ Distributor : MSD Billet with MSD 6A control box
ā€¢ Ignition : 32* total advance
ā€¢ Spark plugs: NGK D6EA
ā€¢ Clutch: KEP 200mm Stage 1, 1700 lb, dual compound solid disc
ā€¢ Flywheel: 200mm lightened 12lb, 12V
ā€¢ Exhaust System: Vintage Speed superflow muffler
ā€¢ Oil system: 26mm blueprinted pump, full flow with filter, cooler and thermostatically controlled fan, deep sump and case modified for improved windage and oil return
ā€¢ Engine assembly balanced and crank oil clearances set to .0025ā€ - .003ā€
ā€¢ Vented tappet covers and oil filler/CSP breather box
ā€¢ Engine oil: Brad Penn
. 98.7HP at the wheels

Great job very similar to my engine but I put a 123 distributor in mine. Do you think the MSD Billet with MSD 6A control box is a better option? Also dose the deep sump help? Also how do you get on with that clutch in I bullsed up a bit by just putting a lux in I think it dose slip a bit.

Attachments

• BDB6A576-5E16-4351-99FA-FAD9F3B8223F.jpeg
    BDB6A576-5E16-4351-99FA-FAD9F3B8223F.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
  • E3E78924-07A0-4173-87DA-512CAD5BE9B1.jpeg
    E3E78924-07A0-4173-87DA-512CAD5BE9B1.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 12
Great job very similar to my engine but I put a 123 distributor in mine. Do you think the MSD Billet with MSD 6A control box is a better option? Also dose the deep sump help? Also how do you get on with that clutch in I bullsed up a bit by just putting a lux in I think it dose slip a bit.
For a mild street engine a stage 1 pressure plate and dalken disc is all you need. Donā€™t worry about an MSD the 123 is perfect for what you have. And as for a deep sump they DONā€™T result in a cooler engine, if your engine is running hot and everything is all ok you need an external oil cooler

For a mild street engine a stage 1 pressure plate and dalken disc is all you need. Donā€™t worry about an MSD the 123 is perfect for what you have. And as for a deep sump they DONā€™T result in a cooler engine, if your engine is running hot and everything is all ok you need an external oil cooler
Oh great thanks for the info. Luckily enough it doesnā€™t seem to run hot at all but still thinking of putting an external oil
Cooler on. Iā€™ve ordered the clutch and plate you suggested šŸ‘

Oh great thanks for the info. Luckily enough it doesnā€™t seem to run hot at all but still thinking of putting an external oil
Cooler on. Iā€™ve ordered the clutch and plate you suggested šŸ‘
Have you got an oil temp gauge? Have you done any long trips on a hot day yet?

Yeah I have a oil gauge I drove down to Cornwall from Shropshire last July, think the hottest it got was 110 on a long hill on the motor way.
I will put a oil cooler on but wanted to wait until I could have the time to do it probably as I do long trips to Spain even Italy.
To be honest I donā€™t really drive it hard say 65 mph tops usually happy to cruise at 55 , the main reason for the 2010 was easier to drive in todayā€™s traffic and to get up hills.

Yeah I have a oil gauge I drove down to Cornwall from Shropshire last July, think the hottest it got was 110 on a long hill on the motor way.
I will put a oil cooler on but wanted to wait until I could have the time to do it probably as I do long trips to Spain even Italy.
To be honest I donā€™t really drive it hard say 65 mph tops usually happy to cruise at 55 , the main reason for the 2010 was easier to drive in todayā€™s traffic and to get up hills.
110c I assume? That definitely needs an oil cooler then! Wants to between 80-90c. Donā€™t forget to use a thermostatic sandwich plate on filter housing when you do.

110c I assume? That definitely needs an oil cooler then! Wants to between 80-90c. Donā€™t forget to use a thermostatic sandwich plate on filter housing when you do.
Sorry I donā€™t agree you should never run a aircooled engine too cool. 80c would definitely be too cool. 90 to 100c is ok and if itā€™s hot up a long hill 110 is totally fine. šŸ‘

I saw 120 on the way down to Cornwall from Gloucester last year on the hottest day, driving at 60. I was quite worried, but only because I'd fitted a temp gauge!! I have an oil cooler, but it wasn't working, I've now hopefully fixed it so looking forward to testing it. Instructions say the fan comes on at 85C.

I saw 120 on the way down to Cornwall from Gloucester last year on the hottest day, driving at 60. I was quite worried, but only because I'd fitted a temp gauge!! I have an oil cooler, but it wasn't working, I've now hopefully fixed it so looking forward to testing it. Instructions say the fan comes on at 85C.
Yeah 120c is worrying but slow down to 50 and if it goes down every thing is working ok. Iā€™m sure people have different ideas but I think 100c ish is a good temperature

Decided to update this thread. My 2110 was a powerful and dependable power plant but I had plans to go the nitrous oxide route so I pulled it end of last summer to make the required alterations to run gas. After a few cups of tea and a chat with Hector I decided to just build a new engine for that rather than adapt 1 šŸ¤£ soā€¦..

2276cc, 94x82
CB performance bubble top race case
CB performance forged 82mm crankshaft
Gene Berg equaliser pulley and dual washer bolt
Gene Berg gland nut
Full weight vw vanadium flywheel
Kennedy stage 2 pressure plate
Dual compound friction plate
CB performance H-beam 5.5ā€ rods
CB 8mm 190,000 psi head studs
94mm mahle forged pistons & barrels
Total seal piston rings