BIG RED's new journey.............. and owners

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squareweave

Reaction score
Well it's a sad night at my house. Big Red has officially left my possession and also left the country. Ade ("vaughan" on this site) and his family flew in from the UK Sunday night to pick up his new van. I picked them up at Vancouver Intl. Airport after a 9.5 hour flight from Heathrow and brought them out to see his new van which was at my house. It had a short stay in my friends dry warm shop for the past months as it wouldn't fit into my garage. We spent yesterday sorting out insurance for him and taking it out for a test drive. Last night we went to Stanley Park in Vancouver for a massive Christmas light display a train ride through the park. He is now en route to Southern California to ship the van home to the UK. What great people, my wife and I had a great time the last two and a half days with all three of them. Great people, no actually awesome people!!!!!!!

I just thought I would drop a few pics here and hopefully Ade will fill in the rest of the story when he arrives home.

Heading into the US
P1010023.jpg

At the Peace Arch, US/ Canada border crossing just crossing into the US
PC060024.jpg

The gang all fuelled up in the US border town of Blaine Washington.
PC060025.jpg

and on the Interstate 5 Southbound!!
PC060028.jpg

Great story (sad for you but up for Ade) :D

Thanks for sharing (are you planning another bus?)

I received an email last night that Ade made it down to SoCal and Big Red has been dropped off at the shipping port in Long Beach (Los Angeles). Hopefully Adrian fills us in with lots of pictures there west coast Ade-venture.

What they said ^^
Would love to be able to do this!
Congrats to the new owners on such a cool looking bus & interesting trip and a high five ;-) to Squareweave for being such a first rate seller!

New owners just arrived back in the UK after an great trip down the west coast of the USA. We are definatly looking out for another excuse to visit White Rock BC just so we can sample more of Riches homemade muffins :party0021: the bus was better than we could ever imagine [i didn't think there was anybody more fussy than me Rich is a true perfectionist and sound guy.]
BIG THANKS to Rich Leanne and Duke [the the most handsome laid back golden retriever in Canada.
1700 miles No Oil used !!
Pics to follow

vaughan said:
New owners just arrived back in the UK after an great trip down the west coast of the USA. We are definatly looking out for another excuse to visit White Rock BC just so we can sample more of Riches homemade muffins :party0021: the bus was better than we could ever imagine [i didn't think there was anybody more fussy than me Rich is a true perfectionist and sound guy.]
BIG THANKS to Rich Leanne and Duke [the the most handsome laid back golden retriever in Canada.
Pics to follow

vaughan said:
vaughan said:
Pics to follow
L1060158.jpg
L1060111.jpg

worlds longest beach

L1060188.jpg

The Split is one big double bedroom !!! The guy selling trees as lived there for 20yrs.

Latest posts