BIG SUNDAY 2012

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BO JANGLES

Reaction score
The update you've all been waiting for, after the sucess of last years event were we raised £1,000 for "Force Cancer Care" of Exeter, we're doing it all again. "Big Sunday", will be held at the same great location overlooking Croyde's beautiful golden sands on Sunday 3rd June 2012, from 10am til 4pm .......or later if you're still enjoying the beach & show, as usual it'll be all about relaxing, on the beach, in & around Croyde & of course lust after the cool classic VW's & Porsche, with possibly a few special features as well. It will be the same great value as last year at just £10 per vehicle , with upto 5 people inside. We've got kids go-karts, our VW Crew Cab bouncy castle & more. We've arranged camping through out the bank holiday at the award winning Hidden Valley Park http://www.hiddenvalleypark.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; were you can book for the weekend & include entry to the event, or if you want to simply arrive on the day email me at [email protected] for more info. On the Sunday morning we've arranged a cool cruise from the campsite through a couple of beautiful villages & along the coast road over looking Saunton Sands & Croyde Bay, arriving at the event, we've even arranged with our local Police to give us a clear run through the only junction on route to keep us all together. Perhaps most importantly this years chosen charity is to raise funds for a very special little George, who needs to go to America for an operation, please go to his website http://www.georgefirststeps.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to read his story & if you can't come to the show please help us raise the funds he needs. As the days progress I'll add more info & please remember rather than a massive show this is a relatively small event with space limited to around 200 vehicles to keep to a chilled out family friendly day by the beach, so please book your tickets NOW to avoid disapointment, Thank you Bob.
georgesfirststepscopy.jpg

georgesfirststepstargetcopy.jpg

hiddenvalleycopy.jpg

cruisecopy.jpg

charlies118-1.jpg

Might be up for this. Will have to see as £87 for 3 nights camping seems quite steep. (2 adults 1 child)

Yeah mate giving this some thought. Like the sound of the cruise from the site to the show though.

clyde said:
Yeah mate giving this some thought. Like the sound of the cruise from the site to the show though.

Hi

Liked the sound of the cruise too, maybe could just turn up at the camp site, it's local to me, and Croyde is even closer, i can nearly see the beech from mine, it's just opposite and round the corner so to speak. Bit further for you though..

Cheers

Alistair

aogrady said:
clyde said:

Hi

Liked the sound of the cruise too, maybe could just turn up at the camp site, it's local to me, and Croyde is even closer, i can nearly see the beech from mine, it's just opposite and round the corner so to speak. Bit further for you though..

Cheers

Alistair

Sounds like a Earlybay mini camp out in Alistairs garden then. Very local and good views. :lol:

Hi Jon

I thought the hidden valley prices seemed quite reasonable for the facilities, when I looked last night I think it was £77 for us with 3 adults, pup tent, awning and 2 dogs, I think from what Bob has said in his original post it includes entry to the show as well?

Bob is that right?

clyde said:
Might be up for this. Will have to see as £87 for 3 nights camping seems quite steep. (2 adults 1 child)
This is my thoughts, although it's a very nice site only trouble is it's close to the main road & had trouble sleeping in the past. :x
Ive got this week off & not been round this area for a few years so I'm tempted to come along, I know a few sites around
there like "Lobb field" know anymore :?: It's a very expensive area for camping me thinks. :roll:

Graham L said:
Hi Jon

I thought the hidden valley prices seemed quite reasonable for the facilities, when I looked last night I think it was £77 for us with 3 adults, pup tent, awning and 2 dogs, I think from what Bob has said in his original post it includes entry to the show as well?

Bob is that right?

Just checked and Big Sunday camping at Hidden Valley (its at the bottom of the quote page) is £90 for 3 adults Graham for 3 nights. Thats on the basic pitch with no hook up etc. If that includes you £10 show fee then its £80. I suppose £27ish a night is getting to be the going rate for a campsite these days.
I know they are promoting staycations in these hard times, but wasnt it high UK prices that made everyone bugger off abroard in the first place (well that and the weather)
The toilets better be bloody good for that price.

terrier man said:
clyde said:
This is my thoughts, although it's a very nice site only trouble is it's close to the main road & had trouble sleeping in the past. :x
Ive got this week off & not been round this area for a few years so I'm tempted to come along, I know a few sites around
there like "Lobb field" know anymore :?: It's a very expensive area for camping me thinks. :roll:

Just checked Lobb and for the same period it would cost us £30 a night for 2 adults and a child!!!!!!!!! This camping lark isnt cheap any longer.

clyde said:
Could ask Lobb if they will do a group booking discount on say 10 pitches for the weekend.

I'm game for that. The problem is its classed as high season so I spose the price is about right. :shock:
It would be nice to have the EB'S together. :D

clyde said:
aogrady said:
clyde said:

Hi

Liked the sound of the cruise too, maybe could just turn up at the camp site, it's local to me, and Croyde is even closer, i can nearly see the beach from mine, it's just opposite and round the corner so to speak. Bit further for you though..

Cheers

Alistair

Sounds like a Earlybay mini camp out in Alistairs garden then. Very local and good views. :lol:

Yay! I dont mind meeting up and all going across, limited space at mine, more out on the front, but would certainly get a fair few buses at mine ;) Great pubs next door too! ;)

Cheers!

Alistair

Hi Fellas, you need to book as Big Sunday, as we negotiated £20 per pitch then £10 for the show so £70 for the 3 night Friday, Saturday & Sunday. They've got a bar, coffee shop, breakfast cafe & the area we've reservered is a new area, set back a little further than the main road, especially for us, so it would be nice to keep everyone staying in one place & then the cruise will be awesome. If you have any problems booking ask for Richard & if you still have issues let me know,
Thanks Bob.

Hi Bob

Sorry to be a pain

When you try and book on the hidden valley site, its come up with £75 for 3 nights for 2 people and its says that just for camping, awnings etc are all extra, I think thats the concern from Jon & others that its all adding up, as soon as I add my lad (just 17) it jumps to £90 so its £30 a night for a basic pitch with no facilities, if I add the awning and dogs its well over £100 for the 3 nights.

Is that on line booking or contacting them direct & mentioning Big Sunday , Graham ?

Online & using the Big Sunday booking form

I spoke to Rich at the site today & asked him to send me an email so I could sopy & paste for you to make sure it works, so heres his reply,
Hiya,

I checked the online booking, and for some reason it's charging for the children, obviosly this is wrong so I'm trying to get it sorted.

I tried posting a reply on Early Bay, but it takes a while to authorise my registration.

Hi all,

I’ve sorted a special part of the park just for Big Sunday camping, in our new Buttercombe Meadow. The price is £70 for 3 nights including 2 adults, 3 children and show entry. I don’t think any other park in the area can match this price. I’ve arranged another toilet & shower block for in Buttercombe Meadow, so you don’t have to walk far.

The normal price at Hidden Valley for this is £111, but specialy for you guys it’s £70.

The online booking isn’t working out the price correctly at the moment, so hang with me for a day or so, or you can call me & I can do it over the phone (01271 813 837). Or you can book online & tell the computer it’s just 2 adults.

Rich

01271 813 837

http://www.hiddenvalleypark.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Speak soon
Rich

Latest posts