black out in the bellows

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyman

Reaction score
Okay got the bus('71 dormobile) and want to use it for weekends away.The problem is that the bellows on the pop up is plastic and in the summer(when we get one) the morning sun comes streaming through (not a problem for me and the wife) and wakes up our 6 year olds (major problem as once awake all awake).I am going to replace the bellows with a canvas one but would like to know how dark they keep the roof space and also can you get black out linings for the bellows area.If not I suppose it would be possible to get a one off set made.Any thoughts????

probably get advice from this company
http://www.campershop.co.uk/elevating-roof.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dormobile used to sell a liner that attached to the inside of the roof and stay bars with poppers and straps. It was intended to improve insulation and reduce condensation but made of the right cloth it could also stop light.

Daisyman,
Buy some block out curtain lining from a curtain shop and rig up either a set of curtains or a complete set of bellows within the bellows with it. It acts as block out and a bit of extra insulation. If you fix it in place with press studs or velcro, you can remove all or part of it during the day.

Stuk

Latest posts