Blaupunkt Emden Radio Install

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul_loves_borbons

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me out with installing a Blaupunkt Emden radio in my 1969 bay.

P5293161.jpg

P5293163.jpg

I've searched through a few installation guides and wiring diagrams but still haven't got much of a clue how to wire it up.

Looking at the back of the headunit there are two speaker terminals on the right. Above those there is a single terminal (lets call that no. 1) with the label +KL 30 above it. To the left of that is a smaller single terminal (no. 2). There is also a DIN input which I am hoping to connect an mp3 player to.

P5293165.jpg

P5293166.jpg

On the right is the aerial terminal and to the right of that is another single terminal (no. 3).

P5293167.jpg

My question is how do I wire up terminals 1, 2 and 3? From wiring diagrams I have seen there appears to be one connection to a power terminal on the fuse box and another to the aerial with no other connections shown.

Another question is how do you fix the headunit to the van? There is a bolt on the back of the headunit but there doesn't appear to be anything on the van to to screw this into.
P5293169.jpg

There are spring clips either side of the front of the headunit Which will hold it in place to some degree but they don't look they will provide a strong hold.

One last question. Has anyone got any tips for wiring up an aerial for this type of radio but without actually fitting an aerial to the van? I don't really want to fit one and was thinking I could install something between the headlining and inside of the roof to pick up some radio signal.

Sorry for the long winded post. Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul

I recall pulling one you can only get them through the glove box/under the dash?) The one I pulled had the oem mono speaker which attached to the dash, I believe you're missing is the mounting hardware, I believe it was not only set in but bolted in as well.

Any one else have any prior knowledge?

-Eddie

The bolt on the back supports the weight of the back of the radio - you'll need to make some kind of bracket, bolted to the dash/inside of the front panel for this bolt to sit in.

Terminal 3 (next to the aerial socket) is the earth connection.

Terminal 1 I would say is almost certainly the power feed, but Terminal 2 (the smaller male spade) I'm not sure on...if the radio has the facility to light up at night, it may be a feed from the headlight switch/relay?

I run a 2-3metre aerial wire around under the dash, and that works fine, picks up signal easily :)

Hope that helps a bit :)

Latest posts