Boardmasters 2017

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlepecha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Microbus
M-codes
095 508 697 A01
Do any of you on here go to the Boardmasters surf festival in Newquay?

Looking at going to the one next year, not for the music side but the surf etc..

Sent from my Siswoo C55 using Tapatalk

I went this year , I was almost entirely at the music site though and only went to Fistral late on the Sunday, so probably no help ?

The surf part is essentially free public access with just limited tickets for the low key music sessions they have there. It's surf competitions and clothing/lifestyle stalls essentially.

Yeah I read that its free public access to the surf.

Looking at the Porth Beach Campsite so somewhere in between the music area and Fistral Beach.
Did you camp on the site organised specifically for Board masters? Or did you not camp?

We went this year and camped in the van at the music festival site. Is a bit of a distance from Fistral if you plan on surfing a lot/ watching surfing etc although watergate bay is good for surfing too which is next to the festival site. Nice atmosphere in the campervan field although pretty busy.

Used to live down that way and have camped in campsites closer to Fistral as the music festival never used to be as big.

Once van is parked up in music festival campsite you cant really move it so have to get bus down to Newquay or taxi or walk (about an hourish walk)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlepecha said:
Yeah I read that its free public access to the surf.

Looking at the Porth Beach Campsite so somewhere in between the music area and Fistral Beach.
Did you camp on the site organised specifically for Board masters? Or did you not camp?

I camped at the music festival site. Camper van fields were good and close enough to the site and it was a do-able walk to Watergate Bay. They run buses 24:7 to and from Newquay town so you can leave site with no hassle and it is ok to drive on and off if you want.

It's a young crowd generally at the festival but generally they are in tents, the camper van fields are a bit more mature.

I really enjoyed it :)

Thanks for the info.

I sort of expect a young crowd.. I'm only 21 myself, and can't/have never surfed but enjoy watching it!

Just need to decide whether its better to be on the music festival site or not.. Think its about £45 more expensive for Porth Beach Thurs to Monday + 2x weekend music (assuming £110 each ish) depends if the girlfriend wants to go to all the music festival or not!

rlepecha said:
Thanks for the info.

I sort of expect a young crowd.. I'm only 21 myself, and can't/have never surfed but enjoy watching it!

Just need to decide whether its better to be on the music festival site or not.. Think its about £45 more expensive for Porth Beach + 2x weekend music (assuming £110 each ish) depends if the girlfriend wants to go to all the music festival or not!

I do feel old now :lol:

I'd say camp on site.

Latest posts