bolt on and go faster barrels and pistons - advice please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny coincidence that information. Yesterday, I had to go to the place who are building an engine for me because they wanted the lower pully from my engine because they wanted to use it (they fitted another one to get me by) in the new engine they are building so they could send it away with, the crank rods, flywheel etc to get them all balanced together. They too re-iterated the importance of balancing. They're not using much else form my engine :shock:

I'll have a good read tonight when i have more time.

Thanks

Al

Heads, rockers, and decent set up twin carbs will far out do just bolting on a set of 1641cc B&P's,

In my experience just bolting something on is not the way to go, engine work is like a good paint job, the more time and money you spend on prep the better the end product will be.

Balancing is KEY, as is checking the compression ratio, if you bolt on a set of B&P's and get a low compression ratio it'll be poo and if it's too high you'll get a temperamental and hot engine!

Latest posts