Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whey hey :D :D :D :D :D
And another year of happiness. One fault found, would you believe the bulb in the registration plate light
was blown and after about 15 min was repaired before he finished the test and all is good.
Smiles all round , near side rear brake shoes could do with checking before next time :shock: :shock: :shock:

See you out there we hope.

J & P
:D :D :D

gas1man said:
Whey hey :D :D :D :D :D
And another year of happiness. One fault found, would you believe the bulb in the registration plate light
was blown and after about 15 min was repaired before he finished the test and all is good.
Smiles all round , near side rear brake shoes could do with checking before next time :shock: :shock: :shock:

See you out there we hope.

J & P

Well done to you sir!

So we definitely picked the right weekend to get away for the first trip of the year.
Last weekend in March and who would of thought we would be so spoilt.

Woke up to a misty start on the first morning but soon burnt off.

This is the rock fall that was o the news about 2 weeks ago. Tried to capture perspective.
They reckon about 10 to 20 tons of rock fell.

Stunning weather the next day .That's the sea in the back ground.

Just a few pic's to show the beautiful weather and scenery on our walks.

Boris performed brilliantly there and back.
Have a good week all.

Managed to get out this weekend today only. Good trip out about 70 miles, behaved himself to an extent. :lol: :lol:
Popped in to Clatworthy Reservoir out side of Taunton Somerset. It supplies the water to the surrounding area.

You can just make out Boris on the top of the hill in the parking lot. :) :)
Nice weather for the weekend, hope you all enjoyed it.
Have a good week all.

J & P

Love getting presents from My wife and daughter for no apparent reason. (Primark apparently) :lol: :lol:

I am now going to officially join the GC club. Don't know how I feel about this but,
I am extremely proud and chuffed to bits that my little girl is going to be a mother.

Pippa is over the moon and can't wait to be a granny. It is a boy , so with any luck I will
have some old school VW influence on him as it did not take hold with my two unfortunately. :lol: :lol:

Have a great week all.

J & P

gas1man said:

Love getting presents from My wife and daughter for no apparent reason. (Primark apparently) :lol: :lol:

I am now going to officially join the GC club. Don't know how I feel about this but,
I am extremely proud and chuffed to bits that my little girl is going to be a mother.

Pippa is over the moon and can't wait to be a granny. It is a boy , so with any luck I will
have some old school VW influence on him as it did not take hold with my two unfortunately. :lol: :lol:

Have a great week all.

J & P
congratulations guys! excellent happy news :D
L&Sx

Well just returned from a belated 26 year honeymoon and it was fan bloody tastic. :D :D

Unfortunately only spotted one VW Bay whilst away.
Remembering that it was 2 weeks away with the first week on the island of Barbados and
the second was spent in Florida.
Only one Bus and was spotted on the island of Barbados :shock: :shock: :shock:

Did think we would have more of a chance in Florida to be honest.
Pippa has to take the credit for catching the picture as I was driving.
I am pretty certain this is the only one there but you never know, was however a pleasant
surprise, one wonders how he manages with spares??? It is so expensive and the roads are shocking
and very few vehicles have suspension worth talking about. Anyway enjoy the pic.

Good to be back and Boris fired up after about 4 turnovers of the starter, petrol starvation , so happy days.
Hope to get out this weekend. Have a good week all.
Oh this other one appeared at the garage behind where I work and made my start to the week a little easier. :lol: :lol:

J & P

Managed a day out today and the only pic was of a strange looking truck.
Although washed put away wet as the rain started still happy to be back in the dry.

Spotted in the Huish Episcopi car park on voting day. Anybody?

Well that's it for a while now until we go away for a week in July. May get a cheeky day out here or there.

Have a good week all.

J & P

Taken out into the morning sun and fixed a few things.
Regreased the sliding door, lubricated the pop top as the one side was sticking.
Replaced the mirror in the middle of the pop top as it fell off on a trip.
And finally got round to putting the Manatee stickers on that Pip's cousin made for us
whilst in America.

Other small bits and pieces done and found that the next job will have to be
the repair of the front accelerator shaft with the Butty's Bits parts waiting to be installed.

Have a good week all.

J & P

Finally the day arrived and everything was hauled out and Boris was loaded up for our trip to Cornwall.
Ozzie, this is the first major outing for the homemade roof rack, and looked cool all loaded up.

This was just a picture whilst driving down to keep an eye on the temp.

The next nine pictures were of the camp some from our walks and an odd lovely looking pick up.
The weather was stunning and we walked our asses off. Managed 25 miles in 5 days so now a bit
knackered to say the least, but in a good way. :lol: :lol:

So this last picture was taken from the top of a double decker bus on our way back to camp after a walk,
was on a hill coming out of Newlyn , poor thing looking very sad.
We camped at a place called Terverven Camp Site about 10 min drive from Lands End. Would recommend
on all counts, book site number 72E if you can.

The drive back was uneventful apart from 2 major hiccup's whilst going up hill. Almost like one cylinder
stopped working for a split second. Happened twice but nothing again after that, makes me think spark plug again.
Think I will get rid of the Bosch ones and try the NGK ones .

Other than that smooth sailing , have a good weekend all , we are off to see MADNESS tonight in Taunton.

J & P

Great pics [emoji106] We’re off to North Yorkshire this afternoon ... can’t wait [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gas1man said:
Finally the day arrived and everything was hauled out and Boris was loaded up for our trip to Cornwall.
Ozzie, this is the first major outing for the homemade roof rack, and looked cool all loaded up.

This was just a picture whilst driving down to keep an eye on the temp.

The next nine pictures were of the camp some from our walks and an odd lovely looking pick up.
The weather was stunning and we walked our asses off. Managed 25 miles in 5 days so now a bit
knackered to say the least, but in a good way. :lol: :lol:

So this last picture was taken from the top of a double decker bus on our way back to camp after a walk,
was on a hill coming out of Newlyn , poor thing looking very sad.
We camped at a place called Terverven Camp Site about 10 min drive from Lands End. Would recommend
on all counts, book site number 72E if you can.

The drive back was uneventful apart from 2 major hiccup's whilst going up hill. Almost like one cylinder
stopped working for a split second. Happened twice but nothing again after that, makes me think spark plug again.
Think I will get rid of the Bosch ones and try the NGK ones .

Other than that smooth sailing , have a good weekend all , we are off to see MADNESS tonight in Taunton.

J & P

Not sure what is going on with your pictures chap, try copying just the 'direct link' URLs from Postimg. Then when you have pasted them all into the forum reply box, highlight each picture URL one at a time and press the little picture frame icon to add the HTML tags: [ img ] [ /img ] < that then tells the Forum that they are pictures to be displayed instead of just a link. :party0047: :anim_20:

:D

great pics and nice to see!!
although reminded me I owe you a reply on that thingy.... I'll come back to you this weekend, promise! (I've been called 'flakey' a time or two)
L&S x

cunning plan said:
Not sure what is going on with your pictures chap, try copying just the 'direct link' URLs from Postimg. Then when you have pasted them all into the forum reply box, highlight each picture URL one at a time and press the little picture frame icon to add the HTML tags: [ img ] [ /img ] < that then tells the Forum that they are pictures to be displayed instead of just a link. :party0047: :anim_20:

:D

I have come across the same issue, started about 2 weeks ago, I have found that if you copy the url

https://postimg.cc/Wd9P7Qp3[/b]]

then browse to it in a new tab, you'll get the full size image, if you then right-click on it and select "save image address". Paste this between

So this is a test run , an attempt to post a picture according to my interpretation of the instructions :lol: :lol:
Here goes.........................

2lsjy95.jpg

Lets see what happens .Anybody spot this please be so kind as to let me know.
I did preview it before posting and it seemed to work. Fingers crossed I've mastered it.

J & P

Latest posts