Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awful weather so no outside work this weekend , had to do what we could in side so filled the holes in on the new cupboard
then varnished, put on two coats and waiting for it to dry. Unable to put it in to Boris as there is no space in the garage.
Have to wait for better weather to get access to pull him out .Still so much to do and so little time. :shock: :lol: :lol:
Don't know where we think we are going but we live in hope. :lol: :lol:

Nothing else to say except be safe everyone.

J & P
:D :D :D

You managed to do more than me! I’ve got to rewire/relocate the shore power system and fit a diesel heater that just arrived. It’s too cold in the bus to fit a heater, ironically.

WoW wow Wow, glorious sun shine on Saturday and Sunday.

Straight out to the garage, finally managed to do the driver side rear brakes. What a ball ache, new ones
would not allow the drum to go on, then after rebuilding with different shoes they were too large??? :shock: :shock:
Now I'm pissed off. Remove and grind down on both sides about 5mm and on it goes :shock: :shock: .
Well they are now both done and just need tightening up.

The new cupboard got finished and put in to place.

Works like a charm , has it's downfall in that it is a little difficult to close the sliding door but , you get used to it. :) :)
3 days leave next week so a load of other stuff needs doing , hoping for good weather. :D :D

Hope everyone is doing ok and enjoyed the sunshine. Had my jab this week, just a sore arm but otherwise all good.

Stay safe everyone.

J & P

Great progress.
I even managed to get out into the bus for a short while, no excuses when the temps are this high. Is it still February? :)

Definitely sceptical having the high temp's at this time of the year , but I 'm okay with it.
As long as it stays :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

J & P

Well 3 days leave and only able to work outside for one of them. :evil: :evil:
Battling with the adjustment of the rear brakes, 4 times now and I think that the
cables have been stretched beyond repair. Thinking I might wait till the MOT and book it in to the garage before and get them to sort.

Anyway not a complete loss, managed to remove the old Saab seats and replace with the MX5 ones that we got as a bargain.
They are a damn side lighter so that's a bonus.

Don't look to bad, some adapting done but in and tight. Managed a few other small odds and ends.
Got the lighting in the pop top secured and then forgot to take a pic. Next time I'm in there. Not sure what tomorrow will bring
weather wise and someone is a bit pissed at me. :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: Can't remember what I said.

Stay safe out there everyone.

J & P

Hi bud, have you got the sliders rear pull strap in, as that should solve all your closing problems without having to use the front handle.

Ozziedog,,,,,, I thought you had one :mrgreen:

So , managed to get Boris out in the dry and install my front mud flaps.
These needed to be installed to keep everything from accumulating in the belly pans.
Why, because I cut holes in them for the gas bottle install on the one side and water bottle install on the other side.
All stainless steel screws used and weather proof self drillers as could not get into jacking point channel for nut and bolt.

These two bits of plastic are the rigid,large type. I bought these to back onto the rubber VW ones as they are a little on the small side.
I also needed them cover a larger area as can be seen from the third last picture the holes are quite large.

Bet you never thought you would see a bit that can drill around corners :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheap bits from a far off land made with wire I expect, normally they just break.

Brackets used are supplied by Butty's Bits and as usual are a great piece of kit.
Was hoping at the same time to install some LED lights inside, however managed to trash two sets, ended up losing my rag with them
ripping them out and throwing them in the bin. To be continued :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :evil: :evil:

Hope everyone is keeping as well as can be expected. Stay safe.

J & P

Finally got to go away in the bus for a short stay.
Got rid of the Porsche Foosch copies and gone back to 14" . I prefer the new look for now anyway.
Added an extra fire extinguisher to the engine comp, wet type this time and hope to get rid of the powder one
above the engine at a later stage.

Small camping place in West Wales called Nyth Robin (nest). Super clean ,nice facilities and they are only big enough for 40 peeps max.
They have glamping , a wooden hut and an old Bedford turned into a camper, so all different types catered for.
Managed a train trip up the west coast from Aberdovy to Powlleli. Stunning and worth the trip.

Below is a mug I picked up for £2 at the local market on the wednesday, not super exciting but it was a trip out on the local bus service.

And the best for last, both of us happy to get out at last.

Keep well all and stay virus free.

J & P

Thank you one and all. Someone would now like hot water to do the dishes :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: (on tap)

J & P

Latest posts