Brazilian cylinder heads on ebay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdeano

Reaction score
jyzydugy.jpg

Hi all, there are a pair of twinport cylinder heads on ebay at the mo, says in the description that they only fit Brazilian engines, i believe i have a Brazilian engine in my bus (as picture), are these the right heads for my engine?, sorry not put a link up but read on another post its not aloud!, (type in vw cylinder heads on ebay £120)!
Cheers

They'll fit... What you have to watch is the valve sizes... Sometimes brazzy heads have smaller than stock valve sizes :eek:

Vw heritage are selling them, will any twin port heads fit or have i got to upgrade to these?

As said before Brazillian heads may have smaller valves and some of them run smaller plugs than the stock Bosch W8AC's as they wanted to avoid cracking between valve seats and the plug aperture as they run on high alcohol content fuels (or in some cases pure alcohol).

I used to sell these when I worked for another parts supplier and I have to say I would not be in a rush to fit them due to the poor casting and and mediocre machining compared to an original head or even the majority of after market heads

Latest posts