Break pressure regulator 71-72 bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, I need a break pressure regulator for my early bay 71-72 and have managed to find one. Pretty sure it's from a slightly later bay window but need to know if it will do the job. The one on my bus has a nipple for adjusting but the one for sale doesn't. The both have one inlet and one outlet. Has anybody else tried to fit a later break pressure regulator to an earlier bus? Are they compatible?

I just done away with mine. Havent died yet, and have broke sharply with an empty and full bus several times.

We have fit Late Bay discs on front and drums on rear with the later type regulator (without the nipple). Haven't noticed any issues yet but to be honest only just getting it on the road and not had any need to "slam on" in the truest sense of the word. Hit the brakes hard when bedding in the brakes during set up and did not notice anything. Passed it's MOT :) if that is any endorsement :msn4:

Just a note to add to Davydomes post, dismantle the regulator and give it a good clean when we split ours it was full of crudd , not much to them just a big ball bearing and a plunger, be careful not to split the gasket,there are two rubber seals one in the ball baring chamber and one in the plunger chamber DONT touch them if you damage the seals you cant replace them, just give everything a good clean and blow through with some compressed air, when fitting, the compensator has to be mounted at the correct angle on the chassis take a look in the Bentley Manuel all the details for fitting are in there

Latest posts