Breakers...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay_Buster

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need to get a few bits from a breakers for my resto to progress any further. As I've not used any before I thought I'd ask you lot for info/advice before I start to ring around. I'm after most of the rear chassis including the torsion tube and also possibly a few body panels for a '68. If you've used a particular breakers and have some feedback for them that would be appreciated! If nobody has anything to say I'll just ring round them all and go with the cheapest quote/whoever has the bits I need in a week or so when I get chance.

Sofar I'm aware of these breakers:
VolksMagic
FBI
Volksheaven
VW Classics
Volkswagen Emporium

Anyone recommend any others? (I've googled, looked on the links on here and even used the 'search' button already ;) )

I have used Volksheaven and are very good.
And
FBIVW are excellent as well.

The other places are well known but i have never shopped with them.

Regards

Phillip

Theres a chap on here cant remember his user name,
01258 841064 drop simon a call hes extremly helpful

lil_azza said:
Theres a chap on here cant remember his user name,
01258 841064 drop simon a call hes extremly helpful

I'll second that - top bloke, likes to talk vws and show you round his workshop - proper enthusiast as well as helpful trader (NOS VW, near Wimborne Minster, Dorset)

(His username is "rusty" on here)

Cheers for the help again guys, I still think I'll give Volksheaven a call first and see if I can go for a visit - if they are based in Donny that would be ideal (can't find an address on the website) as its much easier to explain things in person than over the phone. Plus a nosey about is always good :D

Latest posts