Bristol Volksfest weekend

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkywig

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cracking weekend, and very hot at times. Nice large new site with hardstanding for the trade area, although the drop from the access roads onto the camping fields was a bit worrying. :lol:
Hello to all the faces I've put to the names now. :)

In "convoy" with creationblue on Friday.

001.jpg

Base camp with creationblue and tiki-al

025.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

034.jpg

052.jpg

013.jpg

016.jpg

020.jpg

022.jpg

046.jpg

050.jpg

053.jpg

026.jpg

Not many early bays in the display areas, although a nice a/c setup on this Oz bus

043.jpg

045.jpg

031.jpg

029.jpg

019.jpg

Good to meet you sparky...or should that be smokey now :lol: , the family and i had a great weekend.

My fave ride of the weekend was this beetle, they had a really ratty baywindow with them too, awesome! 8)
DSC_0402copy.jpg

Great show and great weekend. Twas good to pop by Camp Brizzle too :)

A quick glance into the Show and Shine Field and I spotted the dove blue sub hatch Westy that had been detailed beyond beleif ... it was amazing. After that I didnt want to look at any others! :shock:

Only downer was the track to exit the site which was way too rough and rutted for lowered vehicles, but I realise that logistics dictate these things and its a minor niggle.

8)

That dove blue Westy was insured for £55k :shock:

I had charging issues on the way, replaced the generator warning lamp to sort that, and swapped over to another battery to get me home.
However, I never connected the fuel cut-off solenoid feed and only got as far as halfway round the exit field. :oops: :lol:

Clem said:
Only downer was the track to exit the site which was way too rough and rutted for lowered vehicles, but I realise that logistics dictate these things and its a minor niggle.

8)

It was pretty hectic, my front beam made a hell of a sound going through the gate, I was not happy :evil:

I had a good look underneath and all seemed fine although the steering felt a bit weird after :(
Good job the Slamwerks or T2D Bays weren't there :D

ha! yeah... i got stuck on the way out too... the grass track round the edge of the show and shine field.... there was a huge rut right the way across it.... took some time to negotiate!!! think some of the field may still be attached to the bottom of my bus!!!!

top weekend tho..... saturday nite band were awesome.... as was the late night treacle tart and custard form the cookin' camper! show and shine was a bit poor on the aircooled turnout i thought?!? 2 thirds of a field of waterpumpers....

ahhhh wel!

sparkywig said:
That dove blue Westy was insured for £55k :shock:

I had charging issues on the way, replaced the generator warning lamp to sort that, and swapped over to another battery to get me home.
However, I never connected the fuel cut-off solenoid feed and only got as far as halfway round the exit field. :oops: :lol:

:lol: did you get home ok m8?

That rut on the way out was a killer!!!! It bent my number plate and good job the 'sump?' guard was there!!

Great pics guys

Just

Tons more cool Volksfest pics here
http://airalliance-vw.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts