Brosal H30/31 vacuum port question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starbiscuit

Reaction score
Hi all,

I still have a vacuum-only distributor, original fitment, and I believe it's working fine. Max 30 degrees of vacuum advance (when I can get the engine running).
My 31 Pict-3, on the other hand, is knackered.
It has sloppy throttle-plate bearings and some blockage in the body drillings due to years of standing.
Despite changing the gaskets and needle valve (etc.), it still will not warm-start because it seems to flood on switch-off.
And it won't idle for more than a few seconds without stalling.
Long story short- it's a real pain.
I am aware that these things are fixable but, rather than suffer bus off the road while trying to do that, for the short term I bought a new Brosal H30/31, which is meant to be a drop-in replacement for stock SP 1600 and that distributor.

However, it comes with hundreds of vacuum ports (well, at least 4, which is 3 more than I want), presumably to cater for all the other engine applications and configurations it is intended for. And no instructions.

These 3 on the rear (i.e. facing the fuel pump):
092BA8F3-5AC9-4D91-A0BF-06963C5C71FA.jpg

And this one on the left, which is the one I think I want:
E94776DF-488E-48C1-AFA9-20E9B5D9A219.jpg

However, it looks quite different to the one on my old carb, which is a bigger bore and without the ring lump (that looks like a tiny plumbing olive):
5EE3BDDB-0D65-4BFF-9E13-23177A1012F3.jpg

Am I looking at the right vacuum port?
Do I need to open it up a bit?

Thanks for reading.