Bumpers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jabbo

Reaction score
Hey all,

Bit new to the world of early bays so was wondering if any one could help me.

Basically I want to know how much I should be looking to pay for a decent set of bumpers?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

I got a very good rear one for £50. Good front ones with their steps can command a premium. Try Megabug or Parts Emporium.

You can always try flea bay, but make sure there are loads of pics, cos there are some real dogs out there :)

jabbo said:
Any idea what a NOS front bumper would go for then?

That is gonna be at least £300, I've never heard of such a beast. One of my steps is bent and I had to gently straighten it and both have been welded. I'd love a pair of NOS bumper steps.

howzit bru,

it just so happens i have a front bumper as well

her are 2 pics not the best but it might help

Image010.jpg

Image011.jpg

i have got a back bumper but it is promised to someone else. i will try contact the guy and see if he still wants it

you could always go for fiberglass ones from http://www.nomorerustybits.com/ or http://www.riveria-roof-company.co.uk/

i have a rear one fitted to my bus

cheers

Ive got fibreglass ones on mine (keeps it light!) they are ones from bay-splits (what ever happened to them?)

Needed a bit of work to finish, but the nomorerustybits ones come finished and fine, well worth the money. :)

Image010.jpg

Thats what my front bumper was like, £20 to have it blasted and primed. Took ages to flat it, lose the dings and weld the rusty steps and that was before we repainted it, perhaps the fibreglass one is a better bet.

Its worth doing them up as a winter project, cos if you spend a little bit of time here and there over the winter, by summer you have some great bumpers to sell for a good old price. :wink:

Hey all, many thanks for the replies.

Basically we've already got a set of bumpers for our bus which are tatty, but salvageable, so they'll be being used (as we want to keep the resto cheap).

The reason I ask is cos I've managed to source a couple of sets of NOS bumpers and wondered whether they'd be worth purchasing thats all.

I had mine blasted & primed for £25. We then painted them in white tractor enamel, dead cheap and looks great.

very true, but they were working on a fibre glass sliding door, which would have been cool.

Nomorerustybits are doing a fibreglass tailgate soon apparently 8)

If that's the price second hand ones are going for I'll definately import the NOS then! :lol:

i got a very good front bumper from volksholic complete goog every thing and no rust all i did was sand the out side and weld the number plate holes cos i didn't want them not bad for £90 was just over a year ago.

Latest posts