Bunks, Hammocks & Mozzy nets.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete nice

Reaction score
How desirable are all these things?

I have a Mozzy net for the rear of my van, I dunno weather to just keep it tucked away or to pass it on. I am never likely to use it.

I have a front cab bunk too, this is quite cool & although I doubt if I will ever use it, I think I will hold on to it.

I have an extra smaller bunk with 2 extending poles. It looks quite short & could only be for a small child. Has anyone got any idea where it would go?

I took the other fixed bunk bed out as it gets in the way of the new interior. I think I will keep hold of this though.

If you had all this kit in a standard 1969 Westy pop top, you could sleep 2 adults & 3 or 4 kids! That can't be right is it?

Is the second bunk is the pop top bunk? They're great - I've slept in mine a few times.

70westymanpage12.jpg

There was a fold out bunk in there as pictures C & D show.

There is another bunk that looks like a kiddies stretcher. It is just loose with 2 poles. I can't work out where it would fit. It's not a front cabin bunk as I have that too.

Some cab bunks came with extending poles so it might just be that youve got two along the way somewhere.

Im after a top bunk canvas after a small family member decided to use mine as a trampolene with disaterous results.

Dolly daydream on here is after a mozzy net....

dependant on condition they usually set you back 20-40

My fold out bunk canvas is ripped & needs replacing too. I was looking at getting it trimmed in the leather, but I don't think that is the best stuff to use. I might refit it at some point & see if it will be useful.

My mozzy net is in pretty good condition to be honest.

I will get some pics of the bunks, the second loose bunk doesn't look wide enough to go in the front.

DSC00644.jpg

Here's the cabin bunk.

Mozzy net:

DSC00810.jpg

DSC00811.jpg

The loose bunk?

DSC00812.jpg

Not sure where this goes. I am never going to use it anyway.

The mossie net looks to be the later type, Im not sure when they changed but most early ones are tan in colour. The cab bunk is also the later type I think. I guess the PO sourced replacement parts for practicality not pedantic year correctness - sensible guy!!

:)

Latest posts