BUSFEST '12

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merlydog said:
I visited vanfest for the first time last year and was disappointed tbh. It's talked up to be 'the show of the year' but it ain't all that. £35 per person is robbery for what you get so this callsign will be cruising elsewhere. Only my opinion of course and I'm sure most have an awesome time! :D

Yeah that's what we are planing to do too. I can't stand being ripped off :x

Far be it for me to defend Vanfest/Busfest - they can do that for themselves once the long overdue website is up and running - it has got a lot going for it even at the price, which I agree is top end of high;

- a full three day show
- inclusive entertainment
- a humungous trading/auto jumble mart
- a tremendous buzz

Yes, other shows are friendlier, yes other shows are cheaper, yes other shows are whatever we want them to be...you pays your money and you takes your choice. For some Vanfest/Busfest is the real deal, for others it ain't. I think we can all agree that it would be a massive blow to the scene - bus owners and traders alike - if it died. End of story. :|

I've only made it to Vanfest once, 2009 or whatever year around then that it absolutely chucked it down. Thoroughly enjoyed the event, absolutely huge and not enough time to see everything. One thing I liked was the volume of big name traders attending so it was possible to actually see and compare their wares. It's always better to see the products and meet the people before spending your hard earned.
Working on the assumption that the same format will be followed, I'm sure it will be a really good event, or at least one that I personally would enjoy. The price however, makes me shy away initially, though I have not ruled it out.
I think the two events will be very different, Van/Busfest with all the big name traders, Bus jam with perhaps a more relaxed and less commercial aspect? It is not feasable for the likes of JK, Schofields, C&C etc to have large pitches and stocks of parts at both events. Also the Suffolk event is new and despite the prospect of free pitches for traders, paying for a pitch at a venue assured to have plenty of punters will surely draw traders in the direction of Malvern.
The venue in Suffolk is really lovely, it's the one previously used for 'Alive an V'Dubin', a cracking event which after just 3 years has outgrown the site and moved on to 'Jimmy's Farm' for this year.
For me there is only 20 miles difference travelling, so not enough to decide the matter. Not having any money to spend and having had my fill of the congested, stressfull and ugly A14, M6, M42 etc over the years may well sway me towards the monotonous but rather pretty and relatively traffic free A14 in the other direction.
It's also shed loads less dollar which is a very real issue.

Hi Early Bay Guys & Gals

The BUSFEST Website is now up and running & can be found here;

http://www.busfest.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We will liven up the on line booking system tomorrow

As you will see from the site we will be providing much of what you have previously had at the showground plus a few new items as well.
We have made some in-roads as well into getting some independent (VW oriented) Mobile caterers on site as well. (I still recommend the on site Stockmans Restaurant as well. This has been enlarged for this year)

We will also be presenting a whole lot of Club/group type activities in the Main arena on the Saturday.

Our BUSFEST OLYMPICS is one of our "back to basics" insentives to provide a lot more "live" entertainment in the main show arena for everyone to take part in. We think this is a brilliant idea & I would not be at all surprised if you see it happening at some other events during this Olympic year. :roll:

We have got a whole lot of other activities planned as well to make you stay with us as enjoyable as possible, (including an on site BUSFEST TREASURE hunt - & the prize is not a chest load of Vanfest regalia to flog off on Ebay :roll: ),

We look forward to seeing you with us again at Malvern this year

Regards

8)
The BUSFEST Crew

Clem said:
Regarding booking -

Early Bay will have a camping area on site, if anyone wishes to camp in here they can book tickets via me and I will coordinate the arrangements with Busfest. The order must be completed by the end of June, so plenty of time yet but also some time to save up! :)
Anyone can register they're interest on this thread and I'll set up the rest

Adults £35.00 each
Camping pitch £20.00
U16's free

PayPal to [email protected]

I'm in!! 8)

1. FoZ

I agree with Delilahtoo even if i guess he's another Stokie like me.
Camping booked and i can now relax and look forwrad to it! I'm doing a weeks trip around Cornwall before hand so roll on September!

Just to clarify - those who would like to camp in the Early Bay Camping area must book through me and I will coordinate the tickets and arrangements. Booking tickets direct is fine, but will place you in General Camping.

Clem said:
Just to clarify - those who would like to camp in the Early Bay Camping area must book through me and I will coordinate the tickets and arrangements. Booking tickets direct is fine, but will place you in General Camping.

Oh pants! Really? So what do i do now, tickets booked but not yet received.
Hmmm, possibly change them?

sent via mobile, using that taptalk app thingy!

Foz said:
Clem said:

Oh pants! Really? So what do i do now, tickets booked but not yet received.
Hmmm, possibly change them?

sent via mobile, using that taptalk app thingy!

I'll get you checked into Early Bay :) It's just easier to do it all at once, but don't worry :)

Could you put me in the EarlyBay camping too - will get the wifelet to PayPal the address listed with the £90 quid
Ta!

Hi there,

I would like to join the earlybay camping if possible, but I might be having two family members joining me my partner and daughter on the saturday evening....... They drive a Ford KA convertible.........would this be a problem? :roll:

And how do I exchange funds?! :?

Just ordered my awning so im well excited!!!!! :lol:

Regards
Paul & Family.

myvanway 69 said:
Hi there,

I would like to join the earlybay camping if possible, but I might be having two family members joining me my partner and daughter on the saturday evening....... They drive a Ford KA convertible.........would this be a problem? :roll:

Regards
Paul & Family.

If they are camping along with you, they will have to order camping passes and a pitch (I assume they are pitching a tent and not staying in your van/awning. The money can just be paid via Paypal to [email protected] - please include 'real' names and addresses, thanks.

Clem said:
myvanway 69 said:
Hi there,

Regards
Paul & Family.

If they are camping along with you, they will have to order camping passes and a pitch (I assume they are pitching a tent and not staying in your van/awning. The money can just be paid via Paypal to [email protected] - please include 'real' names and addresses, thanks.

They want to stay in our awning so I guess I will go in general camping as it might be to much hassle.
Thanks anyway.

Payment and details sent mate - dont have the number plate yet as it isnt registered! 8)

Clem wrote:
Regarding booking -

Early Bay will have a camping area on site, if anyone wishes to camp in here they can book tickets via me and I will coordinate the arrangements with Busfest. The order must be completed by the end of June, so plenty of time yet but also some time to save up!
Anyone can register they're interest on this thread and I'll set up the rest

Adults £35.00 each
Camping pitch £20.00
U16's free

PayPal to [email protected]

I'm in!!

1. FoZ
2. StuF & Mrs F

Booking deadline for Club Camping is 30 June 2012.

Please ensure you are booked through me if you want Early Bay club camping. Thanks.

1. FoZ
2. StuF & Mrs F
3. DUBious / Mrs DUBious and 3 little Dubious's one who licks her own arse

Clem said:
Booking deadline for Club Camping is 30 June 2012.

Please ensure you are booked through me if you want Early Bay club camping. Thanks.

I booked direct and not through the Forum (yeh, call me stupid :lol: ). Not had any sort of acknowledgement yet of course.

Is there a way of shifting my pitch to the club area?

Latest posts