Buying a new engine

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sucram

Reaction score
Hi all

We are looking at buying a new engine for our 69 Bay after our tour of Cornwall and Devon last year. Even though the 1600cc single port motor that's in it at the moment seems to be in healthy condition she really struggled with allot of those hills, sometimes going down to second and first gear and struggling to keep going, a very dangerous situation to be in on some of those tight twisty ones with cars flying up behind you. So on that note we are wanting a bigger motor with more torque!!! So are looking to buy something like a 1776 engine and have been reading the Street Style Power catalogue with regards to purchasing a 1776 engine from them. My question is has any one else had one of these RemTec engine? I just wanted your opinions before I spend a good few grand on it.

Cheers

give rich a call and have a chat, he can give you a better idea, depends on how full on you want to go really, tell him gary told you about him

Latest posts