Cab Door furnuture

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt48

Reaction score
Hi

repairing a spare door welding in a few holes and finishing with filler. Had the quarter light off and changed a window mechanism before.

Any advice on removing the door lock and window surround furniture and transferring onto my newly repaired door. I expect I'll need a new door seal

cheers for any advice

When hanging and adjusting the door, I used a ratchet strap over a fixed scaffold tube to give me some adjustment and to take the weight of the door. My pal suggested using an engine crane on wheels and I’ve not tried it yet but I reckon that would be ace with a little hydraulic adjustment and the ratchet strap/s as well. I made some washer /spacers/ shims from some plastic foamex and an old piece of square gutter to give me some extra adjustment. It works to a degree but the roof rack causes more issues than it’s worth :roll: but it looks great. :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, more fettling needed still though :mrgreen:

I'm going to rope up the door on the garage beams.

What about removing and refitting the window scrappers?

Matt48 said:
I'm going to rope up the door on the garage beams.

What about removing and refitting the window scrappers?

The main reason I used a ratchet strap is that it is easily peesily adjustable. Two is even bettererer, and the finer the adjustment, the better and more accurate you can get. As for the scrapers, my mate Nick did mine on my doors or they would have been scrap pers after I’d finished with them and not scrapers. :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, But too delicate for me :mrgreen:

Latest posts