Cab door membrane stuff help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biscuit

Reaction score
I have a quick question about the plastic in side the door cards, I have just built up my door and don't have the plastic film on them and wondered if anyonme knows where I could obtain replacements.

I'd like to replace them it due to fact I was driving along in alot of rain and the water coming down the window through the scrappers was dripping into the cab. if i put the door cards back on with the water running on them they will be damage quiet quickly I think.

Any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Simon

Just buy plastic form your local garden shop-polythene- type stuff and gluge it up to the door frames and cut off excess with a blade. Fix back door cards but make sure you have trimed around the door latch and window winer or they will snagg!

Ben ;)

WHS^^ in addition make sure to tuck the bottom edge in to the door all the way along - dont stick it to the door pannel side of the door or the water won't drain back out of the door & will leak inside ;)

Bugman said:
WHS^^ in addition make sure to tuck the bottom edge in to the door all the way along - dont stick it to the door pannel side of the door or the water won't drain back out of the door & will leak inside ;)
thanks for you reply, and Ben.........when you say tuck the bottom in, do you mean actually inside the door so the water runs down the plastic and to the bottom of the door? I suppose I glue the top and sides and around the winder and lock etc.

if you can't be bothered to do your own:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190328820732&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sambadeluxe said:
Just buy plastic form your local garden shop-polythene- type stuff and gluge it up to the door frames and cut off excess with a blade. Fix back door cards but make sure you have trimed around the door latch and window winer or they will snagg!

Ben ;)

+1

I used B&Q polythene and gaffer tape.

Biscuit said:
when you say tuck the bottom in, do you mean actually inside the door so the water runs down the plastic and to the bottom of the door?

Yes, thats it exactly - the originals will have done this. If you stick the plastic on all the way arround the door (top, sides and bottom) then as the water runs down the membrane, it gets to the bottom and becomes trapped between the metal door & plastic membrane, when it will run out of a "not very well" stuck bit and appear between the door card and the bottom of the door (by your carpet/rubber mat)
If you tick it in to the inside of the door (as previously mentioned) the the water runs down the membrane and sits in the door bottom and can then get out of the drain holes - assuming they are clear ;)

Thanks to you all great info. I'm going to set to one night this week before the rain comes, good tip about the tuck in at the bottom.

Cheers

Simon

Latest posts