Cab Door Seal Question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacebiscuit

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the cheaper cab door seals.

Feel like I've spent more on rubbers for my bus than just about anything else - seems there are non-German quality available for around 30 quid a pair. I'm ok if that means I have to replace them soon, as long as they do the job in the short term.

Any feedback welcome.

Thanks!

Buy cheap, buy twice and then have to modify them.
The doors don't shut properly with the cheap rubbers, just bite the bullet and get a pair of decent ones that fit from Schofields.

This is actually what Schofields say about the repro ones they sell.
"PLEASE DO NOT EXPECT THESE TO FIT LIKE A GENUINE SEAL, THEY'RE A CHEAP SEAL FOR A REASON."

Nothing worse than a van with doors not sitting flush, or rubbers sticking out, which is what you’ll end up with. Rubbers aren’t the hardest thing to install but it’s enough work not to want to do twice.

The seals from GSF were really cheap fitted well and more importantly the doors shut flush
GSF - interesting I didn't know that they supplied bus parts such as rubbers. Unfortunately seems they have no stock, so guessing they are discontinued.

We will only fit the ones that Schofield's sell as close to originals, usually Viewib ones but we have had Wolfsburg West ones as well, you definitely need the ones with the welded shaped corners to keep the rain out, this applies to the cab doors, sliding door and rear tailgate.
Not worth fitting the cheap ones as they will leak and you'll end up buying more, with door adjustment you can usually get them all to close well.

Fitted the premium seals from schofields too, sliding door no problem, nice and flush. Cab doors did need a couple of places trimmed slightly, but as pretty much every possible panel/door on mine has been replaced or repaired at some point in its life I’m always amazed anything fits!
I’ve found them to be pretty honest in their claims and descriptions of the stuff they sell.

Fitted the premium seals from schofields too, sliding door no problem, nice and flush. Cab doors did need a couple of places trimmed slightly, but as pretty much every possible panel/door on mine has been replaced or repaired at some point in its life I’m always amazed anything fits!
I’ve found them to be pretty honest in their claims and descriptions of the stuff they sell.
you shouldn't need to trim the seals, they do take time to bed in

Latest posts