cab doors

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlscott1974

Reaction score
Is there any difference between 71 and 72 cab doors. I have a 71 and a replacement door but it had 72 written on it worried I wont be any good need to know before i paint it. If it aint no good guess. Me wife gets it for her crossover
Many thanks
Darren

They'll both fit the same hole and the hinges will be the same.

There are subtle differences between different doors, but I'm not sure on which things are year/model specific.

I don't know the exacts, but you should check:
- Bottom corner furthest from the hinges. Some models have a little rectangular bracing for the fresh air vents
- Inner edge nearest the hinges: Some models have a series of oval holes up this edge for fresh air to move to the aforementioned vents.

Actually, that's all the possible differences I can think of between a '71 and '72 door.

P.S. http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=65448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you look at the link to my thread on doors which is further up there is good info there. Issues I am having are:

1. As stated needed to drill new holes for my inner door pulls then had to tinker to get it operating correctly.

2. The door is still not aligning properly. The swage line is 1/2 inch out on the door to remainder of body. Stuck at the moment on where to go. Do I shimm it do I hit it. The MOD kits are no good as far as I am aware as they are for fitting late doors to early or Vicky verky.

Latest posts