Cab Step Repair Panels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busman73

Reaction score
Both my cab steps need some welding, they've both gone a bit crispy and aren't going to last much longer before the bumper ends aren't attached

I'm trying to find some who makes/sells the best repair panels?
Surely there are some better ones than the klokkerholm ones

Has anyone bought any that they have had a positive experience with? i.e they actually fitted

Thanks in advance
Adam

I did one side of my van and used the Klokenheim panel. It really was utter pants, so I cut it down to use the least amount that I could get away with and spent some time reprofiling it to make it look half decent.
Ive a smaller area on the other side to do and I think i'll just make what I need!

Klassicfab do a complete inner arch which includes the cab step but its not cheap

cheers guys

Clem, thats what I was fearing, shitty klokkerholm panel its is and use as little as possible

Graham, I've seen the klassic fab panel and yeah at £115 a side and for me to use only less than a third of them its not going to happen

Have just fitted a pair of the klekkershiten arch and step combos this is the offside pretty good fit. but still needs door repair and re-skinning
[photobucket] [/photobucket]

and this is the nearside after door frame repar and skin replacement. not bad fit do'nt have a before pic of this side pretty good all round.
[photobucket] [/photobucket]

except odd shape/gap on step wich will need addressing this weekend step is all welded in so........................
[photobucket] [/photobucket].

i was led to believe that they were a whole lot worse than this but in the end i could not get body cuts from imports for a crossover year so had to go down klekker route as both steps and arches were quite bad.

I had to use an inner step panel and had to add some metal to make it the right size :shock: just needed to do the bottom where the bolt holes for the bumper step are thankfully, the threaded parts have internal bracing, not sure if the replacement panels do. Would like to do it properly with an arch cut at some point as it isn't the best job but should last a few years.

I just need an inner, got to repair where the bumper mounts to the cab step
It's rusted away and not attachd to the outer anymore :eek: luckily the outer is still good

It's a job for after Christmas

Latest posts