California licence plate replica

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g3gsb

Reaction score
Hi all, my early bay back in 1971 cam from California. I would like a replica licence plate to put on display in my bus. I have the original Reg number. Can anyone advise on the best place to get one from?

thanks
G3

Guy on ebay sells stamped ones

Got my Oregon one from them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-USA-Style-Number-Plates-Cool-Rare-California-VW-Us-Spec-License-Retro-/301982114513?hash=item464f8962d1:g:ZesAAOSwNSxVMA-n

Thanks, I'm after the older blue plate for my 71. I've emailed the seller to see if he can supply.

Thanks

I think he means MJC products. Won't be any use to you though as he just has a stock of old, ex-USA plates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol I'll have a look [emoji106]

Good website but they just sell old plates that have come from old vehicles. I need my old reg number (Californian) put onto an old plate. My bus came from Cali

Thanks for the help tho so far [emoji106]

update: I have emailed a guy called Andrew at Statesplates and he has advised me on what to do about getting an exact vintage replica plate made up.

Thanks all for your input

Regards
G3

I was going to do the same for mine a while back! Can you post a pic up when you get it done?

Hi Simo, only ordered yesterday. Andrew seemed to know exactly what I wanted so when it arrives I'll drop you a photo.

Cool - pm me if you want, just want to see how it comes out then ill order one, i have the cali registration slip in my history!

Do you have the original or a copy? I've got a copy that must have come from the dvla. I've been trying to get some American history but hit a dead stop.

Have the original - tried to get some info from the states on previous owners etc but no joy, unless you live over there and are registered! Have a few bills for work done as well but not a lot

The DMV in California and most states are pretty big on privacy too so I've heard so getting anything is pretty difficult. Did you get the original from the dvla?

No its from the states - came with the bus from the previous owner

Nice one [emoji106] I'll send you a photo as promised when it arrives

Latest posts