California licence plate replica

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They arrived yesterday from states plates and I must admit they are very good replicas. Photos attached

cde6c9f909f293dc0f619afc9505a6a4.jpg
db97962f18de0dc5e7c97ba199a968da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g3gsb said:
They arrived yesterday from states plates and I must admit they are very good replicas. Photos attached

cde6c9f909f293dc0f619afc9505a6a4.jpg
db97962f18de0dc5e7c97ba199a968da.jpg

Hello g3gsb, nice plates! Exactly what I'm looking for! Did States-Plates allow you to personalize the numbers and letters on the plate or do they only sell pre-made ones? I contacted them through their website but haven't heard back from them. Care to share more information on how to order?

Hi, yes you can fully customise your plate via the wizard on the website. Andrew may be away as he usually replies To emails. I wanted it as an exact Cali replica. Remember to ask for the tax indents on both sides if you want them putting on. They are the best I've seen and excellent for the price. Don't forget to Post a pic when yours arrive. [emoji6]

I see that you can customize at their wizard but I don't see any plates that looks like the one you have (with the yellow letters that read "California"). Still waiting for Andrew to reply. Thanks for the info!

Hi falcon90d, this is the email reply I had from Andrew. He did mention about replies going to email junk folders rather than inbox so worth checking. See email below on how to create my plate.

Hi Grant
Thanks for your enquiry, using the Plate Wizard on our site you need to select non reflective plate, blue background, yellow text, and then design your plate. When happy with your design follow the process through and when you get to page three, where you will fill in your personal and delivery details, write in the comments box the following.
I need this as a 71 California plate with the two indents top left and right please.
This will give you a correct replica for a 71 plate with the spaces for the tax stickers as on an original. If you want the stickers we also can provide replicas under "Other Products".
Hope this helps.
Best Regards
Andrew at States Plates France

No worries falcon, let me know how ya get on.[emoji106]

g3gsb said:
No worries falcon, let me know how ya get on.[emoji106]

Hi g3gsb, didn't wanna bother you but I placed my order with States-Plates 2 weeks ago, emailed them twice but haven't gotten any reply yet. I was wondering if you can maybe PM me Andrew's email so that I can contact him directly. Thanks again!

Mine did take about a month to arrive but they should have replied. I'll pm you the details.

g3gsb said:
Mine did take about a month to arrive but they should have replied. I'll pm you the details.

After receiving your PM, I received an email from Sue from States Plates saying that my order is in the next batch of plates to be despatched after the Easter Bank Holiday weekend :D

Nice one falcon, glad it's on its way. I'm looking forward to seeing your new plates soon. [emoji6][emoji106]

These are one I got from Craigs Plates when I first got the van. The reg details were on a form I received from an auction in California with the van, also had previous owners name and address. Found pic on Google Earth of it outside the address.

The plate looks like a good replica newhippy. Did you have it done in a lighter blue?

Looks good chap. I like the 1971 on either side. Wish I had that done now. States plates supplied me with tax stickers for the plate but haven't put them on yet.

Falcon90d, have your plates arrived yet?

Latest posts