Camber?what camber on a lowered van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibérico

Reaction score
I am sorry to ask again about this...but ever since I lowered my van (mildly)things havent been the same :oops:
I used a red9 easy rider kit, ok once you find the right setting for personal taste/load etc....
I am one spline down at the back...mild for this forums standards :lol:
Mytrouble is that I cant seemto get a correct wheel alignment, camber etc. My van drives in a straight line now, no wandering on the road, but when I get to a windy road it gets scary..you get in the bend and the van sort of throws itself nto the bend, if you see what I mean, needing a bit of steering correcting to come out following the right line.
I changed the idler pin, all the steering joints, drag link, etc one suspension balljoint that looked suspicious...
I am sorry if this is not very clear :oops: but I understand it might be something to do with camber...my balljoints look ok, I have 185 65 15 at the front and 195 65 15 at the back, so no skinny tyres there..
Does anybody know how Should I adjust my balljoint camber nuts(what should I be looking for?)...if this is the cause which Imthink it might be... :?:
I am a bit concerned as I drive around with the family...amd even though I love the stance without the front gap, I am seriously considering going back to stock leafsprings and stock height....

Thanks for reading my blues...

Tonio

got car tyres on it?? from what ive heard buses came with truck tyres on them how true this is i dont know but i know car tyres are not as stiff so they tend to wobble as it seems i have busted ball joints center pin is factory an im pretty sure my steering box needs to be adjusted but thats how things are here in the us for me

i would take it to a shop an get an alignment done on it with the lasers an stuff rather thn tryin the yard sticks at home it makes a world of difference to any car!! but i would try that first thn go from there

Hi There I've had the same set up for a couple of yrs now (red9 and 1 spline)
I thought the handling improved massively when I did mine and I adjusted nothing from std as for the tyres I'm running Yoko car tyres now on alloys it's made no diff to hadling to the van tyres that I've noticed
My wheels on the back have chambered in but it a good job as the alloys wouldn't fit in the arches with out it :lol: and I'm only running 185s on!

Sorry cant be much help but would think if going back to std hight the prob would still be there as when I droped mine it only made it better not worse
Good luck tony

Your description of it throwing itself round the corner sounds like front wheel camber problem to me. The spec is in Haynes. Whatever your suspension setup this remains the same.

Thanks for your replies everyone! I had my trqcking done proffesionally(twice!) but it never occurred to us that the correct values were the original ones! I took for granted that they would have changed and that is why they were adjusted with lasers and all the lot but using our personal judgement.
Many thanks specially to Zed for pointing me in the right direction...I will go again to the tracking guy with my Haynes!
Cheers
Tonio

Latest posts