Camping in South Africa

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabus

Reaction score
I am camping with a 1970 Westy and found this "Sunseeker Kombi tent" produced locally. This picture was taken 2 weeks ago when we had a Bus gathering with no less than 8 early Westy's attending.
291f39f5-95cf-9a07.jpg

This was taken at dawn. Please excuse the poor light
29128880-12b2-bf79.jpg
29128880-1369-2005.jpg

And a lineup of a few Westy's that were there over the weekend.
29128880-13aa-29a1.jpg

Fantastic 8) always good to see what you guys get up to down there, your Awning is very
interesting in the way you put part of it over the roof :? is this just a thing you do or is that a suncanopy which attaches to the gutter. :)

This rear is actually a canopy that is meant like an awning for a bus without a pop top.
I just throw it over the top to seal the entrance into the bus. I can take some photos of the rear tent awning if you like.
All the poles of the tent is aluminum and the uprights has telescopic arms that can extend.

I kinda thought that was the way it was ment to be fixed, just the job for my Bus then.
Really like it, it looks so Retro & looks totally right for a E.B, can't find anyone stocking it in the UK only in S.A which is a bit of a bugger as my Wife just returned from the Cape last Friday she could of brought back this instead of a T-shirt :lol:
I would very much appreciate some more pic's next time you got it up Sabus but no hurry, were very interested in Awnings over here. :roll: :D

Very nice 8) & blue sky. these Awnings aren't available in the UK. :( Have to get the Mrs Relations to ship one over. :lol:
Many thanks sabus for this posting. :D

Latest posts