camping with trailer

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustard72

Reaction score
hi all, I want to get a towbar fitted to my beetle, as I have a little trailer that I want to use for going away camping. question is, what do other people do with trailers at campsite? do you just leave it by tent, any security tips, is it worth or even can you insure trailer on car insurance in case it gets nicked!!!! any tips??? also anyone know of any places on the south coast who fits towbars to beetles???

Hitch lock (the box kind not the rubbish lock style ones) and a wheel clamp?

+1 for the hitch lock or a wheel clamp. cheap(ish) solution compared to the cost of a trailer. Having said that we haven't ever had any kind of theft or unwanted visitors on the camp sites we go to. After all you only zip up your tent or awning, and a zip isn't very secure 😂

thanks for the replies. think it came with hitch lock but not the box one. posted on late as well and people seem to not have any issues with leaving trailer. nice to get peoples thoughts. yep, a zip is not that secure!!

I've just bought a trailer for the bus, which will only get used for longer holidays when we will take the awning etc. In which case I'll just leave it along by the awning with a Hitchcock on it.
I see myself using the trailer to help "mark my territory " as I've actually had someone pitch a tent while we were out, in a position that made it nearly impossible to get the bus back up against the side of the awning! It was the last day so rather than ask them to move and give me some space and privacy, I just ran over the end of their guy ropes. They got the message and nothing more was said but I bet they had a job getting the pegs out! :D

Latest posts