Can't reach the pedals.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumperwarren

Reaction score
Ok so here's my problem,having purchased our first bay window this summer my wife who is only 5' cannot reach the pedals.
Now we have Saab seats fitted which is ok for me but I would really love for her to experience driving the bay.
So has anyone else had this challenge to find a lower seat.

Original seat would probably be better, that said.. my wife struggles to reach the pedals (5' 5" ) but can just about reach.
If the seat is as forward as it can go- time for a new taller wife :lol:
L

What about some alternative seats with a slimmer profile bottom like a Porsche tombstone or something from say an MX5?

I have the same problem in mine. I'm 5'2" but just tend to put a cushion behind me and just about reach. I have thought about maybe adding a bit of something to the pedals to build them up a little as if I have a slimmer seat I don't think I would be able to see far enough over the dash 😂

A work colleagues uncle used to get them mail order from Russia, but they only lasted 4 years before he had to get another. not sure you'd want to go down this road as seems quite troublesome and expensive. worth trying the cushion thing i think, before changing wife. By all accounts the Russian ones he had were quite tall

Latest posts