Caravan!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerald

Reaction score
i know its not really bus related but until i get another vintage car it will be towed behind Scotts panel

yesterday we bought this, a 60s caravan

99de_1.jpg

as some of you might know i have a thing for old caravans, being the trailor trash girl i am :D we are going to clean it up, paint the outside and gut the interior like we did with our last caravan project. will be ready for next years shows so feel free to pop by and join us for tea and scones :lol:

That has got a lot of potential for sure, and it will go with the earlybay a treat.
Gutting the interior sounds wise to me. the timber they used back in the day was heavier than today's and it is probably a bit on the nose by now as well.
The old stuff will come in handy for templates though.

I'm probably going to appear a caravan anorak - but is that a Fairholme? My family used to have a Fairholme Chaffinch when I was a kid and it had that over-the-window decoration like on yours. I'm envious!

no, its a Bluebird. i love the window part...i dont think its quite Scotts cup of tea though :lol:

Picking it up next weekend, which does unfortunately mean no Vanfest. At least it gives me another toy to play with (well I have sold two cars this week after all!). :lol:

The caravan is really cool. You could sooooo easily 'Tiki' that up! If you need any websites for some cool curtain material i know quite a few :D

see, heres where we have our problem

last night Scotts suggestion of putting on the same wheels as the panel has met with my screwed up frowning face :lol: i think, we have totally different ideas for the caravan!

If i had my choice it would be totally 50/60s, white picket fence and doilys. 'I Love Lucy' eat your heart out :lol:

emerald said:
your welcome over anytime

*cough* bring tools *cough*

:lol:

*cough* supply tea n cake *cough*
:wink:

well i know a guy whos pretty handy with 50s/60s furniture :lol:
needs fannymingos too!

we always have a supply of tea and cake, Scott only eats junk food!

i said fannymingos outside once we have parked it up and put the fence around, for some reason i was laughed at. :lol:

If i had my choice it would be totally 50/60s

I'll see if my Mum has any pics of the inside of our van. I seem to recall lots of wood (real I guess not veneered), a light coloured fabric with flowers and sort of Venice gondolas. Plus gas lights and mantles when we first had it too!

that would be dead cool, id love to see pics

ours will probably end up modern mixed with 50s, just like everything else in our lives :D

:lol: @ SK

Minkytastic said:
The caravan is really cool. You could sooooo easily 'Tiki' that up! If you need any websites for some cool curtain material i know quite a few :D
ive decided how i want to do it....may need your help :wink:

[/quote]
ive decided how i want to do it....may need your help :wink:[/quote]

Hey no probs! we'll have to come down one evening next week and see the caravan. :D

your always welome, ill even play you some tunes on the record player :lol:

see you tonight :D

Latest posts