certificate of conformity

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swartie

Reaction score
Hi,

I have moved over to france and want to register my bus here. I believe I need a Certificate of Conformity but it seems they dont do one for buses as old as mine. it is only a 71. does anyone know where i go about getting one or has anyone succesfully transfered their bus from the uk to france.

thanks in advance

Yes, brought my 71 Dormy to France some years ago. Had a certificate from VAG UK but the French needed one in french language so had to get one from VAG France.

Phoned them up and got the name, adress, instructions and costs. Then sent off what they needed and recieved cetificate after about 10 or 15 days. They make you pay a lot of money for some photocopied documents and a covering letter - lol.

They cannot do a full certificate conformity as for modern cars because it cannot conform to modern standards. Thats probably where the confusion is coming from.

They can provide you with photocopies of the old type approval with a covering letter to confirm chassis/engine conform to that approval etc.

Which region of France are you moving to BTW?

ps. You may well find your local VAG dealership can help you get this sorted too. :)

Latest posts