Checking procedure for insurance valuations.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Priscilla1969

Reaction score
New to the forum so just checking the right way to get an insurance valuation on my bus.

Looking at previous posts I should send a personal mail to Clem with some photos.
Is that right? Is there a fee?

Many thanks.

Yep thats correct - think he charges a very nominal fee around a fiver or so

You have reminded me that I need him to do mine!! 8)

Sent Clem a PM about a week ago but no reply. Guess he must be busy.

Does Johnny do valuations?

Carole Nash (Chaucer insurance) have asked for a second valuation before they will confirm the agreed value so I'm on 'market value' at the mo, whatever that is. Got a valuation from VWHeritage but that isn't good enough on its own apparently!

Priscilla1969 said:
Carole Nash (Cherished) have asked for a second valuation before they will confirm the agreed value so I'm on 'market value' at the mo, whatever that is. Got a valuation from VWHeritage but that isn't good enough on its own apparently!

This may be unique to Carole Nash. I had no problem with Heritage last year, based solely on Clem's valuation, but this year Cariole Nash have taken almost four weeks to get to a point where they tell me they will look at it on Monday coming. This is not a pop at them, just a statement of fact :( .

As your experience is very much like mine, I'll be interested to see what the outcome is.

UPDATE: I received my agreed valuation letter from Carole Nash this morning (20 May). This was based on six recent photos and a copy of Clem's valuation (dated May 2012). They seem to be a bit overwhelmed by demand at the moment, but pretty thorough I'd say.

Kev

Nothing from Clem so I've sent the pm to Johnny instead.

Going camping this weekend so hope I can sort the agreed value before then!

Latest posts