Child's cab bunk

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zcat7

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Crossover
Has anyone used the over the front seats cab bunk sold by Coolair?
https://www.coolairvw.co.uk/Item/Sh...2_68-79_Front_Cab_Bunk_Bed_With_Fittings.html
I have seen various reports on different brands (some better than others...) but can find nothing about this one.

In my Dormobile I have 2 holes on each A post and 1 on each B post but can't find if that corresponds to a particular bunk brand or style - any ideas? They are screw hole size by the way, not big enough to accept a spigot. If I could find the original setup then that's less holes and I'd be happier!

I can text you a few pics of the original setup if you like - PM me your mobile no. Mine has the original brackets etc (though the bunk roll itself has gone missing unfortunately)

Thanks for the reply Dickie but I actually found the right bunk in the end. I took a chance and went for the one sold by Cool Air (actually by NLAVW) and the holes all matched the brackets just fine. For some reason the PO had neglected to drill the 2nd hole in the B pillar, relying upon the lower hole to support the weight and the seam that the bracket rests against to stop it pulling forward. All very Colin Chapman-esque but I didn't like that so drilled another hole...

Latest posts