CHIMAY ... EURO BUG IN 4 in 2011

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete B said:
Ha ha ha!!!! Brilliant stuff ya pair of bloody idiots!!!!

On a different note, not impressed that the teachers have decided to strike (I want to take him out of school for a trip and I'm scum, they want to prevent him attending school, it's ok. Was called 'bullying' when I was a kid...)
But anyway, their timing couldn't be better for us, means his school is closed on Thursday so we can leave as early as we like!!!! :D :D :D

I'm on strike Thursday :D Handy for getting away ;)

Be sure to pop by and see the Autotechniks sponsored Burnout Box, we should have a cool line up of EB's :mrgreen:

Yesterday drove my bus from Brittany to my family in law house, north of France to have the main road done, Chimay Here we go!!!

capturepleincran2606201.jpg

Not long now guys, if you see a 5.7" spiderman on Saturday that;ll be me come and say hello. Also there will be supergirl and a few others :lol:

mattd1984 said:
Not long now guys, if you see a 5.7" spiderman on Saturday that;ll be me come and say hello. Also there will be supergirl and a few others :lol:

Thought you were tagging along with us for the trip, but the above makes me a little worried..... :roll:

Pete

Do we want to meet up en route somewhere (or is that tempting fate too much??), if Araon is not in school then an earlier meet works as we might be able to blag an earlier boat?, was planning to leave the midlands around 1pm on Thursday, slow drive down, tea before the boat and then our usual kip in the car park at Dunkerque.

Beetle in tow as well so no tanking it along this time!!

Like the idea of meeting up en-route, Cambridge being an obvious point should we dare!. Just a question of where to stop for tea? Medway services on the M2 has a KFC which Aaron likes a lot but appreciate that may well not be to everyones taste..... :roll:
Sorry, but falling asleep typing, doing silly hours at work, will give you a ring tomorrow if that's ok?

Brain dead moment here. After the dreaded Dartford crossing, AA routeplanner says M20/A20 which I have used for the tunnel but am convinced for Dover have always used A2/M2/A2. Any thoughts as to which is better, i.e. quickest? Ta![/quote]

A2 route is a little shorter and slower (64 miles), but a nicer drive.
M20 route just seem to go on and on (69 miles).

Pete B said:
Like the idea of meeting up en-route, Cambridge being an obvious point should we dare!. Just a question of where to stop for tea? Medway services on the M2 has a KFC which Aaron likes a lot but appreciate that may well not be to everyones taste..... :roll:
Sorry, but falling asleep typing, doing silly hours at work, will give you a ring tomorrow if that's ok?

Theres an "all right" amercian diner on the A2 just before you get to Canterbury.

It's just beside the.......
Express by Holiday Inn Hotel Canterbury
A2 Upper Harbledown Canterbury CT2 9HX

Finally got my bush back on the road, just called my insurance to see if i had European brakedown cover, only to be told that the insurance has lapsed!!

I think I had better get it insured!

Me and my mate along with a few others are on the 10am Ferry on Thursday morning.

Not long now!!!

Had the EBI email telling us not to have open fires as the area is very dry after drought conditions this year, and the weather is still looking good! Fingers crossed! 8)

I'll be there! just popping to Amsterdam before i get there! cheeky!

Pete B said:
mattd1984 said:

Thought you were tagging along with us for the trip, but the above makes me a little worried..... :roll:

Hi Pete

Yes tagging along with you guys 8pm ferry then sleeping at Dunkirk. I've then got a mate getting the tunnel over early morning Friday that will then meet up with us at dunkirk and cruise to ebi fri from there. If you guys head off earlier though thats cool.....Then got another mate coming over very early Saturday morning then were doing fancy dress for the Saturday.

Think we are planning to leave approx 3pm on thursday so if you guys are heading past on the a1 we could all cruise down together.

van is packed with tools, just need to pack my tent and clothes then I'm off, not long now!

oh I still need to get money too :p

Matt Maz said:
All packed and ready for an early start tomorrow :D :D

See you all over there.......have a safe trip guys 8)

Matt & Lisa

Have a good time Matt, dont forget my beer ;)

Pete

mattd1984 said:

??? :p

halloween_fat_spidey.jpg

just kiddin hope you have a good time

now the f*cking port staff are going on strike as from 6pm tonight...going to last until Friday morning!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

should be inbound only delays as word is outgoing will get waved through. Here's hoping.

Latest posts