Chrissys dream - 1969 Dormobile - The journey to Turkey

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI JAMES I READ YOUR STORY IN VW CAMPER AND BUS AND AM MADE TO FIND YOUR THREAD ON HERE YOU TRULY ARE AN INSPIRATION MATE AND I BET YOUR MUM IS VERY PROUD
GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES

MARK(1972 BAY)

One word awesome .........well done

madness of naples !!! ..........been there i know exactly what you mean.........mental :lol:
well done again

chris

T2-Nate said:
Great story and really looking forward to future installments.
Bit sorry bout my Turkey rant in your other topic, off course there's always the good and the bad and I do know it has
beautiful scenery/people as you proved here.
How much time are you spending travelling? Also if I dare ask, what's it doing to your budget?
Cheers and be well.

Don't worry Nate, I completely understand where you were coming from. All cool :)

Mark6455 said:
HI JAMES I READ YOUR STORY IN VW CAMPER AND BUS AND AM MADE TO FIND YOUR THREAD ON HERE YOU TRULY ARE AN INSPIRATION MATE AND I BET YOUR MUM IS VERY PROUD
GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES

MARK(1972 BAY)

crede999 said:
One word awesome .........well done

madness of naples !!! ..........been there i know exactly what you mean.........mental :lol:
well done again

chris

Thank you both for your kind support and to everyone who has commented. I hope with a bit of luck I will get to catch up with you all in the future for a beer or three :)

Well, it has been quite sometime since I have managed to post here. I did try over the weekend but unfortunately the site was down. I'll bring everything up to date over the coming week, but what I can say is that over the past 5 days I have crossed from Austria, through Germany and into France and am currently awaiting a boat back to Portsmouth in the morning from here in Caen. -18C by the way makes for an interesting wake up call :lol:

Part of the reason for not updating here was because I needed to try to concentrate on the blog I set up for family and friends, and whilst more personal, I am going to put the link to it here should any of you wish to read and see the pictures from Turkey as I won't revisit it here.

In all it has been almost 22000km through 12 countries, well 13 I guess if you count Monaco, two countries twice, including three months touring Turkey.......what can I say, early bays are the only way :D

Andy, the moonshine run is almost complete my good man. I'll be in contact once through tomorrow :msn4:

The link to the blog is http://www.stewedplumsandcustard.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow wow wow! what a fantastic story and adventure you have shared here. Thank you so much for taking the time to share. I was completely captivated from beginning to end

72nu-funk said:
Andy, the moonshine run is almost complete my good man.

:msn4: :msn4: :msn4:

Cheers buddy I'll have to find time to get down to see you in the new year!? Hope you had a safe crossing to Portsmouth.

Thanks for the update. I had been wondering on many occasions how you were getting on.
Thats an amazing trip you made and some very nice photos which give a "feel" of what its like. Its almost like taking a mini holiday going through them :)

Thanks again - I enjoyed it - though now I am not sure whether to try Turkey or Morocco :lol:

seriously love this bus.
love the style,the theme,the ride height everything.
a wonderful story too very heart warming.you should be very proud

and what a journey,im hopeing to drive to southern italy in the future in my bus

just out of curiosity what are you suspension settings,would love to have my bus ride at that height.

matt

I´m so impressed! The Best tribute you could give to your mother...parents are always proud of thyeir kids and I´m sure she would have been be sohappy about her son going on such a great van trip!
Funny thing is I found your thread through the samba :shock:
Just read through your whole thread and now in the middle of the winter it got me thinking about long road trips again. :D :D

Latest posts