cigarette lighter points

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMMC

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to go about installing one of these? Easy or hard? Also where can you buy the sockets from? Cheers

easy to install and I got mine from maplins and a caravan shop 8)

All motor factors will sell them some of better quality than others, salvage yards are good if your wanting something specific iluminated bezels etc....

Youll need to decide if you want it powered via the ignition switch or from the leisure battery etc...

otherwise its a matter of drilling a hole and fitting its lock nut connecting a couple of wires :D Its worthwhile fitting several cab, rear, engine compartment etc....

Cheers guys.

Will get looking. I have bus so no seperate batteries.

What wires run to the socket? Is it just a live and a ground? I was going to run it so it turns off after I turn the ignition off.

With key off, meter the fuse panel and see who's hot and who's not.
Turn on the key and see who wakes up.
Wire your hot to that point.
Wire the ground to something substantial like a frame member or something.

You now have a circuit that can zap you, so stick the lighter in the hole to protect yourself.

Finis.

Have you seen these? My mate sells them. They are from Bentley cars! Lush.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POP-OUT-12v-Socket-Camper-or-Campervan-T25-T4-T2-Bay_W0QQitemZ130120237634QQihZ003QQcategoryZ36798QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have 5 waiting to go in the bay ;)

I like a lot...but it means a big hole in the dash for the one up front?

For the cab one I am using one a nabbed out of a late MK1 Golf, has an illuminated bezel. I'm going to get one of those pop out ones and fit it to the front of the R n' R bed.

Latest posts