Cleaning up tired old paint

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NellyM

Reaction score
I am about to start giving the inside of my bus a good clean to remove the build up of dirt that has been deposited over the past 40 years and I wondered what would be the best cleaner to use or is it simply elbow grease and a tub of T Cut?

Thanks for that. I am guessing that's not the kind of stuff I can pick up from my local car shop?

Amazingly Halford's do it, thanks very much I will pick some up tomorrow.

There is no need to flat it back. You will just burn through.

T Cut is a load of crap. You need a proper polishing compound
This is ideal http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Farecla-Fast-Track-Medium-Compound-1L-/260676596946" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Designed to revive old paint, not quite as aggressive as G6 or G3.

You could also try a clay bar. This will clean off all the dirt but it can lead to gloss drop, so clay bar first and then whip over it with the fast track and then get some wax on there.

My bus is neptune blue, in the back inside, like the inside of the sliding door, it is a cream, matt type paint. Have tried polishing it to clean it up but no success. What do you recommend?
Andrew

AGPlant said:
My bus is neptune blue, in the back inside, like the inside of the sliding door, it is a cream, matt type paint. Have tried polishing it to clean it up but no success. What do you recommend?
Andrew

Is not a primer?
Some of them are just primer inside???
If so it'll not polish up to a shine!

Latest posts