Clutch noise in my bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallyandsean

Reaction score
Not too sure if it has always done it but as I put my foot on the clutch at moving speed there is a slight whining noise from my clutch. Is this normal or a problem??? please advise as Im a bit thick with this sort of thing :lol:

tugging ear :lol: (sounds like)release bearing,does it happen when stationary? may be high rpm when driving makes it sound.

I would have said clutch release bearing, I would think the only reason it happens at speed is because the bearing is spinning faster.
It could also be the gear box and maybe a warped pressure plate but that will judder when your pulling away

I have the same/similar on mine - only happens when I've been travelleing for some time on a motorway, dip the clutch to change gear and get a high pitch whine. General town driving and this doesn't happen. The clutch and bearing were new about 5000 miles ago. Will re-grease at next engine out.

Also well worth doing is a gearbox oil change if youve not done it since you got the van, it could have been running the same oil for 30 years.

Latest posts