Clutch Pedal Question - why so different?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Devon
Recent broken clutch cable diverted my attention under the front of RHD 71 (June) bay. Turns out cable was not broken but that the clevis pin had worn really thin and pulled through hole at end of bar attached to pedal. Thought i check the old Bentleys manual before removing and noticed that the whole setup on the bus did not match the pictures in the book. Thought this was a little odd so checked the associated VW Heritage page and this was different too.

Instead of clutch pedal lever going through (what looks in manual like) a bit that attaches to the floor or chassis and a bolt on end where the clevis pin/clutch cable attach, mine does not have removable end and fits over bar that comes through chassis (at pedal pivot point) with the brake actuator outside (i.e. brake actuator has to be removed first then clutch pedal removed).

Sorry if explaination not totally understandable...maybe this link image will help
clutch_pedal_arm.jpg

Anyway, the difference is not too much of a problem since i have removed clutch pedal bar and can weld up the end fixing the problem however, there are two rubber seals that fit either side of clutch pedal at pivot point (one against chassis and other against brake actuator). These are not in good condition so i'd like to replace but can't find them listed on any part site because all parts are listed for the 'normal' clutch pedal setup.

Anyone else got similar setup? Any idea where to get required parts? Anyone got any idea what i'm talking about?

Thanks for any help
Andy

The seals are part numbers 214 721 395 & 214 721 365 A

Their description leads me to believe they are simply O rings, the first is 2.5 x 23.5mm and the second is 2.5 x 34.5mm

:)

Latest posts