clutch

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMMC

Reaction score
Hi All,

Went for what happened to be a very short drive yesterday...

Went to change gear and felt something 'happen' when I depressed the clutch then the clutch peddal when soft. The clutch still works in that when fully depressed I can have it in gear and the van dosn't move but changing gear is virtually impossible.

Am I looking at a broken cable or will it have lost the tension somewhere? any tips or instructions on how to deal with replacing a clutch cable greatlfully received!

Cheers

The clutch cable is easy enough to check - just get under the bus and have a look whilst somebody works the pedal. If the cable checks out ok then check the conduit it runs through has not come detached/unwelded. If that all checks out ok then its likely to be the release bearing/clip or fork or possibly the clutch itself which = engine out time.

If the cable has snapped the pedal will have fallen to the floor. It sounds like the return spring on the gearbox has snapped, the one wrapped around the lever on the outside of the box.

Latest posts