Coil Test

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scutch

Reaction score
Do you know anything about Coils?

The spark i'm getting out of the coil seems really weak, I have to go really close to the engine (nearly touching it) to get a spark and it not a big bright spark.... also when its plugged into the dizzy there's no spark going down to the plugs! (new rotor,Cap,ect,ect...)

Ive tested the volts and im getting just over 12v going in on the +(15) side of the coil and on the -(1) side its just over 10v coming out with ignition on (0.1v when ignition off).

Between the +(15) and -(1) im getting a reading of 3.6ohms and From the +(15) and where the HT Lead goes, it goes to 5.700ohms.
Dont know if this is correct.

Hope some one can help. i searched on here before making this topic but couldn't find anything also tried Google but couldn't find out much!!!

Cheers Earlybayers
Lee

Easiest way is to try another coil. Any 12 volt coil will work fine - doesent have to be any particular brand.

Sorry for the slow reply - somehow I missed your post.

Trikky2 said:
Easiest way is to try another coil. Any 12 volt coil will work fine - doesent have to be any particular brand.

Sorry for the slow reply - somehow I missed your post.

haha thats ok, never realised they was only about £25, just went and got another one!!! :p

Cheers Trikky2

Lee

Latest posts