compressor hose length & size

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dub boy

Reaction score
started cutting a few little snots out of the bus yesterday but my portable compressor is just not up to it ,the prob ive got is my bad boy comp is 45mtrs down the garden ,any ideas on what the max length of hose is you can use :)

One of the garages my mate worked at had solid pipe all over the place with outlets every place you could think of. They reckoned it really increased their tank size. Now some places (apparantly) are useing plastic or pvcu or some such thing for their pipe work as it`s so much cheaper. So long as it`s not leaking ,,, I can`t see a problem. Why don`t you borrow some extra hoses and see what happens, if it works, it works, or get some solid pipes run down the fence :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Try it ,, it might be brill :mrgreen:

I would say your compressor is not man enough because it is all right having lot's of air storage or long pipe's but if the pump isn't up to the job it will be running all the time and will put extra stress on the compressor, so you need to either get a bigger compressor or move it a hell of alot closer! :D

moley76 said:
I would say your compressor is not man enough because it is all right having lot's of air storage or long pipe's but if the pump isn't up to the job it will be running all the time and will put extra stress on the compressor, so you need to either get a bigger compressor or move it a hell of alot closer! :D
at the moment i am useing a 50ltr 11cfm out the front wich just about keeps up but is running all the time, but i have a 150 ltr 14cfm 3hp in my workshop at the bottom of garden but its a tad noisey to run out the front so was hopeing to invest in some good quality hose and run to the front of the house.

I have 3 long lengths of hose with connectors on each so when I'm using it out the front of the house I just connect them all together but if I'm in the shed I just use one length.

as Ozzie says use the push fit plastic pipe so you dont loose presure,you can use house water pipe but its more expesive but higher quality and easy to get.only prob is you will need the brass fitting to fit your pcl end to .worth a ebay search.

Latest posts