Confused about wheel arches - crossover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

issy

Reaction score
Thought nobody did crossover front wheel arches.... Is the JK one any good as a fit or metal quality or not? I know they do cheap not so good wheel arches that needs to be adapted for crossover?

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/front-wheel-arch-complete-t2-1972-offside-right-j18556.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or would a Klassic Fab LATE bay arch and then cut to fit step bit be better because of metal and fit quality?

Can o ly find the useless KLokkerholm rear wheel arch section and I am trying to find quality one for crossover.. Not skin but an arch version of the ear, if such a thing exists for the rear?

Any recommendations?

Front arch use genuine and cut of step,differant around A post so needs a bit of a fettle.rear arches are same as a late.

Ok so this is where i am confused... JK seem to do crossover arches for £250 but I haven't a clue about their quality. Sometimes JK call panels nothing, made to original blah or sometimes genuine.. ? For £250 they must be good? OR I can buy one it seems from KlassicFab for same price except it is not for a crossover?

Any other suggestions?

Trying to find good rear wheel arch now .... Any hints where to source?? Autocraft only do early ones....

And then the are genuine vw ones but made in Brazil which I elieve was slated for quality of metal used??? Eg VWheritage have some of these front arches but not crossover so would need to be adapted.

So far I have now three choices

JK actually an actual crossover front wheel arch for £250 but no idea quality
VWheritage - genuine VW but not crossover and Brazil made and will need cutting
KlassicFab - late arch and will need cutting fir step

All above about same price....

Which one and why??? Or other choice available?

PM Busjunkie on here or via his workshop - Dubs and Classics. We were discussing this a month ago and he said he had just ordered some.

Coolair have started selling late front arches that fall between the Klokkercrap and genuine brazil. I wonder if these are from the same source?

Interestingly JK may have given the game away with the weight
The 72 only arches are 4.4Kg
The genuine Brazil arches are 6Kg
The klokker early arches 4.08Kg

On that, I'd go for the Brazil and adapt them. They are a very good solid Arches

I'm looking at the same problem and trying to weigh up the options too. I've looked at cuts, but tbh the rust free ones always seem to have some surface rust, so looking at fresh metal...

If you buy the late arches, what is the best way to get a stock looking step? Is there an inner/outer that covers this area?
Seems dissappointing if the JK ones are little better than the klokker for £250?

Dave

ZedBed said:
Interestingly JK may have given the game away with the weight
The 72 only arches are 4.4Kg
The genuine Brazil arches are 6Kg
The klokker early arches 4.08Kg

On that, I'd go for the Brazil and adapt them. They are a very good solid Arches

Hmmm....Im not convinced those wieghts on Jk site are accurate Steve....the 72 only one I fitted recently was a good solid lump really...considerably heavier than the cockherholm arches anyway....wish I was sad enough to have wieghed it now! :lol:

I looked at the JK arches a year ago at a show, and they are (were) made from adapted genuine Brazilian arches. Considering the ones they had were for display, I remember thinking the modification work wasn't very good!

If you can get them, get cuts, a little surface rust on genuine German metal is far better than any fresh metal your going be able to buy now. Failing that, get the Brazilian arches and adapt them yourself.

:)

Latest posts