Confused on Colour

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grey

Reaction score
Hello all,

Been lurking for a bit, soaking up all of the fantastic info on here, I recently took the plunge & bought an Early Bay from Graham at Midland Early Bay (seen below), he is taking it through to MOT & UK Registration, the bus then will go to Stuart & Drew at Midland Paint Werks for a bare metal resto.

SierraYellowBay.jpg

However, whilst I know the Sierra Yellow is a 1 year only & pretty rare, I have a longing for a Red & White & bus. I looked on Samba for an age correct colour & came up with Chianti Red, I followed their link & came up with the bus below

150209.jpg

But I also saw a different thread on here which calls out Chianti Red & it shows the bus below which looks much darker, almost like Montana Red. I know different camera settings give out different results & monitor calibration has an impact on how it looks on screen, but which is nearer?

Photosession069.jpg

I will post a resto thread to track the progress,but in the meantime, who has a spare aircooled 6 pot to sell me, its only 4 bolts I hear...... :eek:

Thanks

Mine is definitely closer to Juans bus but i think you have to look at it in daylight rather than the photos, i think Juans photo was probably taken in bright So Cal sunlight so the exposure is shorter making it look darker.. The first looks more like montana red, Chianti is one of the deeper reds and is correct for your year. Titan is three or four shades darker still but its a splitty colour.

Have a look at Mike F's bus in the 'devon be gone' thread, it pretty much bang on the right colour in my opinion.

Nice choice of colour ;)

Its not mine ,i know so my opinion means very little,but personally prefer the original colour,not many around in that guise,and by changing its colour it would never feel right to me,a few tasteful mods and will make it a real stunning bus,paint by all means but DONT change the colour fella !!!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

davebug said:
Its not mine ,i know so my opinion means very little,but personally prefer the original colour,not many around in that guise,and by changing its colour it would never feel right to me,a few tasteful mods and will make it a real stunning bus,paint by all means but DONT change the colour fella !!!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

I agree, if i was gonna change my bus colour ide go for Sierra yellow! Such a cool color.

Just

davebug said:
Opinions are welcome, thats why I posted !

You sir, however, are not helping my feelings of guilt for the original colour ! :roll: :?

I love red, but the Sierra Yellow is kinda growing on me.............

Reds my fave colour but if i owned your Bus id get it done original.
1 year only and all that 8)

Latest posts