Cornwall August 2012

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creationblue

Reaction score
Ok guys n gals

After lasts years tour, looks like we will be doing something simular this summer. Have been hankering after a trip to Spain for the last few years, just priced up the ferry Plymouth to Santander which is around £1000 - £1600 then its a 24hr+ crossing with 3 kids, so think I may wait a year or two (besides been learning Spanish for the last year and could do with the extra time to grasp the language :roll: ).

Met up with a few Earlybayers last year and had a great time 8)

Perhaps with a bit more planning this year a few more of us could meet up on our hols and grab a BBQ and a beverage.............

The last 2 years Ive had the last two weeks of August, and to be fair the traffic coming home over the Bank holiday weekend is a nightmare and the days are that little bit shorter, so thinking 1st 2 weeks of August.

Started in Polzeath last year and think we may do the same this. Missed out on Gwithiam as it was fully booked so may look at booking in advance but I suspect they will only take week bookings that time of year. Found last year 2 days was long enough at each site then move on to the next adventure. Trevedra Farm is a must overlooking Lands end with stunning Sennen beach a walk away. Want to head to the Lizard arfter that as we didnt get that far last year as an electrical gremlin cut the tour short and we played safe by staying in Pentuwan for our 2nd week.

Feel free to chip in with your favouite Cornwall beaches/campsites and between us all make this a good reference for us all to plan our 2012 trips

Cheers

Just

We did trevedra last year and it was so nice. Couldnt have asked for a better campsite. Would love to get down their again this year but don't think it's going to happen. Think it's the Lake District for us this September

we'll have to check out trevedra whilst we are down there for future outings...but we'll be down for first 2 weeks in aug, so be good to meet up...dare say I could get off me arse and travel :D
We'll be at Gwithian...Churchtown Farm, so will watch this thread with interest :msn4:

Cheers
Al

Ok Tristram 1st for 2 days then down to Churchtown farm thinking 4 maybe 5 days here as I've heard good things

Just

Tristram booked 4th August till 7th then Churchtown (hopefully) ring and book tomorrow till 12th.

Damn your organised Just :lol: right we'll get something sorted this week as well. But have similar idea of polzeath first then head down the coast.

Churchtown booked 7th to 13th 8) She said its nearly booked up for Aug :shock: Get your finger out Rob! :lol:

Just

creationblue said:
Churchtown booked 7th to 13th 8) She said its nearly booked up for Aug :shock: Get your finger out Rob! :lol:

Just

Booked church town :bliss: 8th to 12 th

is this a private party or can anyone join :(
hang on just been told by the boss the last 2 weeks of august for us :( :( :(
anyone else about?not sure where to go,it being our first big outing.
only had one night away in van so far and will be travelling down from herefordshire :)
any other sites reccommended ;)

sharky71 said:
only had one night away in van so far and will be travelling down from herefordshire :)

Yep Gwithian Farm I stayed here in sept 2010 excellet by the sand dunes & a pub opposite the campsite entrance it's a better site than Churchtown I.M.O.
Also Trevedra Farm near Sennen/Lands End not been here myself but Just(creationblue) has, comes highly reccomended
must give it a try myself. ;)
I got the last week of August so might venture down after the Bank holiday Monday. :)

sharky71 said:

Its an open party fella :D I loved Trevedra as Brett pointed out, had two days there last year, didnt book just rolled up and it was fantastic, watching the sun go down sat in the bus...............ahhhhhh perfect

064.jpg

Just

I'm still looking at buying our first van so can't recommend anywhere to stay, although if you are going to Cornwall you have to visit Bedruthen steps, it is the most fantastic beach I have ever seen. Someone told me about it and I thought "yeah, course it is amazing" and very nearly didn't go, but my word, it truly is amazing! You can google it, its worth a trip.

Laura

Latest posts