Cornwall August 2012

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sharky71 said:
do they accept mutts :? four legged mind :p
I wouldn't reccomend a Site that didn't as we always take our two camping, :) got no choice in the matter really as I think it's more of a holiday for them. :lol:

Jem said:
I'm still looking at buying our first van so can't recommend anywhere to stay, although if you are going to Cornwall you have to visit Bedruthen steps, it is the most fantastic beach I have ever seen. Someone told me about it and I thought "yeah, course it is amazing" and very nearly didn't go, but my word, it truly is amazing! You can google it, its worth a trip.

Laura

Thanks for the recomendation Laura, well worth checking out 8)

Just

We will be in cornwall from late July into early August.

My Sister In Law is due to give birth at the end of July so we are going down to help out (not far beyond plymouth) and then have a bit of a tour round.

We have two small children (2 and 4) so we are looking for some some sites to book onto and maybe some where we can just turn up. We were up in Bude (camping and caravaning club site) last year for our first trip ater buying Masie (our van) and really enjoyed it (was any one the the green westy in the other field).

Sounds like we need to start booking soon, anyone with recomendations that are especially good for the kids?

Bizz said:
We will be in cornwall from late July into early August.

My Sister In Law is due to give birth at the end of July so we are going down to help out (not far beyond plymouth) and then have a bit of a tour round.

We have two small children (2 and 4) so we are looking for some some sites to book onto and maybe some where we can just turn up. We were up in Bude (camping and caravaning club site) last year for our first trip ater buying Masie (our van) and really enjoyed it (was any one the the green westy in the other field).

Sounds like we need to start booking soon, anyone with recomendations that are especially good for the kids?

Hi, we have 3 children, 8,6 & 4, last year we just rolled up and tried our luck at the campsites, was good know knowing where the next stop was gonna be, and we found some fantastic sites, this year we are booking the fist 3 sites as above then winging the others. We are heading down the north coast to Lands End then check out The Lizard our 2nd week.

Just

Thanks Just,

Trying to come up with a bit of a plan with a couple of stops booked and then see how things go after that.

Having seen the tractor rides in (camper and bus) my son has decided we have to go to pennance mill so we'll probably try and book on there and see what else we fancy.

Plan now is to look out somethings we can get the kids excited about (as well as the beach obviously), wet weather activities (just in case) and then start getting Masie ready.

Bizz

Been thinking of touring Northern Spain ourselves, but as it's the 1st year of ownership will stick to UK and get used to the old girl.
Camped at Trevedra in 2009 great place,walk back up from beach is a killer though.
Would be great to meet up with you guys and have a few beers,not shure what plans are,but Cornwall is top of the list. 8)

Silver Sands has just been recomended to me http://www.silversandsholidaypark.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; must admit it looks good being a walk away from the beach.............

Just

Thanks to all for the recomendations. We are now booked in for two weeks. :D :D

First week (20th July - 27th) at Pennance Mill Farm (mainly due to the tractor rides my son saw in Bus and Camper), then the second at Trewan Hall (27th July to 3rd August).

Now planning activities for the inevitable rainy days.

Bizz said:
Thanks to all for the recomendations. We are now booked in for two weeks. :D :D

First week (20th July - 27th) at Pennance Mill Farm (mainly due to the tractor rides my son saw in Bus and Camper), then the second at Trewan Hall (27th July to 3rd August).

Now planning activities for the inevitable rainy days.

Thats a good old run down for you guys, do you set off super early?

Just

Yes it is a bit of a trip.

Last year we left at around 0600 and stopped near Exeter for breakfast. We then stopped in Plymouth at my sister-in-laws for the night before heading up to Bude.

I think we are planning a stop with friends in Bristol or on a campsite on the way this year (due to the sister-in-law expecting a baby around then).

Bizz

we'll be up for a BBQ and a couple of tinnies when you lot invade my county :lol: there is a lovely little known place between penzance and Helston called Rinsey picture perfect beach ,tin mine, and walks, (great for our four legged friends, the car park is free, never full of holiday makers either. We could meet up over Gwithian way and chugg on over if you bunch are up for it? have a bbq there then head on back to gwithian for a few drinks? just a thought :) :p

OLIVE-BAY said:
we'll be up for a BBQ and a couple of tinnies when you lot invade my county :lol: there is a lovely little known place between penzance and Helston called Rinsey picture perfect beach ,tin mine, and walks, (great for our four legged friends, the car park is free, never full of holiday makers either. We could meet up over Gwithian way and chugg on over if you bunch are up for it? have a bbq there then head on back to gwithian for a few drinks? just a thought :) :p

sounds great - we'd be up for that :D

Sounds like a plan to me. All we need is the weather, can we book a sunny day with temperatures around the 30deg mark :lol:

Gwithian farm for us again, but beginning of June this year. Love Cornwall, especially Hayle and Sennen beaches. Don't forget to try Mr B's ice cream in Hayle, a must!

Latest posts