Covers for winter??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marie S

Reaction score
Can anyone advise the best type of cover for our bus please? We thought she was going to be garaged over the winter but we have been let down :(

Do most people garage their buses over winter?? :?:

Mine will be on the drive over winter, I too thought I'd be able to dry store it but didn't really check first :( . I just have a JK cover which cost around £100, though cheaper versions can be found on ebay, if you can aford it the Protec covers are the dogs danglies but cost £350 and they are made to order so fit well, but take 3 of 4 weeks to arrive.

There are other threads on this subject if you have a hunt.

thanks for the advice :D will check out a thread i have just found in the general section too, cheers mate :)

I have just ordered the ProTec cover, mainly as my JK one blew off and got wet on the inside last year. i have had the camper under a car port so it is not fully exposed but i have had condensation in the van as well as a few spots of the paint work - perhaps it is money well speant - I just need to raise the cash!!

ive lowered my bus enough to get it into the garage, so my new JK cover will be up for sale, only used twice for a few weeks, want £75 for it, its as nw, just a few weeks old

Has anyone tried the Bluebird van cover ? Are they any good ?

They're reduced at 90 quid and Bluebird usually sells quality products, so I feel tempted... :mrgreen:

Here / http://www.bluebird-type2.co.uk/Split%20bay%20exteriorparts.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(bottom of the page)

well i am very disappointed with Pro-Tec. Placed my order and 2 weeks lead time as they had one being cut at the time.

2 months later and I have never heard back from them, despite many emails. someone obviously forgot to process my order and now wont reply to my emails. at least i did not pay for it...

well i am very disappointed with Pro-Tec. Placed my order and 2 weeks lead time as they had one being cut at the time.

2 months later and I have never heard back from them, despite many emails. someone obviously forgot to process my order and now wont reply to my emails. at least i did not pay for it...
hi mate sorry to hear about your woes with pro tec . i bought one of their cover off here in the sale adds . its deffo worth the wait . its covering my split devon and the water just beads off it and dry as a bone underneath . the best is worth the wait :D

Had a Protec cover that ripped in last winters storms.
Contacted them as it was less than 12 month old and they sent me a brand new one FREE.
Can't recommend them enough.
The covers are that good, i bought another, second hand, but perfect, from a guy at Vanfest,
just in case i find another E.B.!

The JK covers are not that good in my opinion to the point that I've taken it off Hank to let him 'Dry Out', When raining hard the cover actually lets water through and it ends up with the cover stuck to the bus, the bus gets wet and the cover holds the moisture in, not the desired outcome. You have to make sure you reguarly 'air' the bus otherwise I think the cover makes it worse as its not breathable.

When my 71 is on the road i will be getting a type of garage cover they are freestanding and measure 10ft x20ft by 10 ft tall and all for under £200.00 from Costco,they fix to the ground as well

bugger said:
When my 71 is on the road i will be getting a type of garage cover they are freestanding and measure 10ft x20ft by 10 ft tall and all for under £200.00 from Costco,they fix to the ground as well

Excellent idea. Will be measuring my parking space next weekend to see if one could fit in.

.. I bought one off ebay for around £60 .. just a no namer ..

Looked ok, and left it covering the bus last winter .. when i removed it it was damp underneath and the paintwork was marked with like black swirls where the wind had moved the cover .. wouldn't wash off neither ... had to t cut it .. It is having a car port this year with sides ..

... maybe try the cover under that ..

Hilly

Try this

http://www.caravancovers.org.uk/vwcampers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stirlingmoz

Stirlingmoz said:
Try this

http://www.caravancovers.org.uk/vwcampers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stirlingmoz

I kept getting this site....http://www.protech-shelters.co.uk/terms.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

all in the spelling!

Latest posts