Crossovers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish

Reaction score
Hunting vans today and I have come across a Cali import Westy, lot of welding done, engine refresh.

Following work done in '09: the Engine was rebuilt, replaced wheel bearings and seals, ball joints, track arm controls, brake callipers and cylinder shoes and handbrake cable, rebuilt drive shaft and placed cv boots, refurbished carburettor, piersberg pump, shocks, clutch cable and pin, steering was ironed out as best as possible, fuel lines sorted, Heat exchanger, leisure battery installed. Ancilliaries e.g air filter box, ducting, linkages and manifolds replaced.

Now it is on for less than £7k - what am I missing. It seems cheap but are Crossovers less well regarded?

Many thanks.

It seems cheap but are Crossovers less well regarded?

there's nothing wrong with them, I've got a crossover & absolutely love it. i wouldn't swap it for anything & most crossover owners will tell you the same.

Call import with lots of welding sounds a bit odd to me. Most don't need much. Did it spend some of it's life in a wet state and what welding was done?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4

67westy said:
Call import with lots of welding sounds a bit odd to me. Most don't need much. Did it spend some of it's life in a wet state and what welding was done?

Welding: "Footwells were welded, battery seat area and a few more spot places." - does not appear extensive.

Irish said:
67westy said:

Welding: "Footwells were welded, battery seat area and a few more spot places." - does not appear extensive.

That seems about right. when mine came over from the states it needed a new battery tray & a couple of repairs to the cab floor, otherwise it was solid. you need to view the bus in all honesty & make sure it's dry & solid. if there's a significant amount of rot kicking around it could land you with a massive welding bill.

have you got any pictures of the bus? has it got original paint still?

Irish said:
67westy said:

Yeah not too bad, when you said lots I thought it would be more :)

Latest posts